DC's Titans (2018 DC Universe TV Series)

Koby

WB82mMU.jpg?1

Titans is an American web television series that is released on DC Universe, based on the DC Comics team Teen Titans. Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, and Greg Berlanti created the series, which features Brenton Thwaites as Dick Grayson / Robin, the leader of the Titans, alongside Anna Diop as Starfire, Teagan Croft as Raven and Ryan Potter as Beast Boy. Titans premiered on October 12, 2018, and its first season comprised eleven episodes. Ahead of the series' premiere, Titans was renewed for a second season.

A live-action series based on the Teen Titans entered development in September 2014 for the cable channel TNT, with Goldsman and Marc Haimes writing the pilot. The pilot had been ordered by December 2014, but never came to fruition, with TNT announcing in January 2016 it would no longer be moving forward with the project. In April 2017, it was announced that the series was being redeveloped for DC Comics' new direct-to-consumer digital service, with Goldsman, Johns, and Berlanti attached. Brenton Thwaites was cast as Dick Grayson in September 2017, and other series regulars were cast between August and October 2017. In May 2018, the spin-off series Doom Patrol was announced, which will pick up after the events of Titans.

When Dick Grayson and Rachel Roth require assistance to deal with a plot that threatens the entire planet, they join forces with Kory Anders and Garfield Logan to form the Titans.

Esai Morales is joining the cast as Deathstroke for Season 2.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kinesty said:

I was wary of this show from the initial trailers but I ended up enjoying the first season. I am looking forward to Season 2 with Superboy, Deathstroke, and more of Jason Todd.

Same here, I actually passed on watching this initially because it looked really bad, especially with Starfire looking like a 40 year old hooker, etc. However after the season finished I decided to give it a chance because people were talking good things about it on another forum... and I'm glad I gave it a chance. Enjoyed season one much better than any of TheCW's Arrowverse in the last several seasons. Titans also has a somewhat backdoor pilot for Doom Patrol which is now airing it's first season weekly.

Based on everyone's comments I'm going to give it a chance. Initially I didn't watch it because it looked like it was going to be trying too hard to be dark & edgy, plus Starfire didn't look good from any of the trailers I watched. So hopefully I'll start this within the week.