DC's Doom Patrol (2019 DC Universe TV Series)

Koby

AX6WRCF.jpgDoom Patrol is an American web television series based on the DC Comics superhero team of the same name that premiered on February 15, 2019, on DC Universe. It is a spin-off of Titans, with April Bowlby, Brendan Fraser, and Matt Bomer reprising their roles, as well as Diane Guerrero, Alan Tudyk, Joivan Wade and Timothy Dalton joining the cast. Filming began in Georgia in late August 2018, and the first season is expected to consist of 15 episodes.

The Doom Patrol’s members each suffered horrible accidents that gave them superhuman abilities — but also left them scarred and disfigured. Traumatized and downtrodden, the team found purpose through The Chief, who brought them together to investigate the weirdest phenomena in existence — and to protect Earth from what they find.

Set after the events of Titans, the show follows Cliff Steele / Robotman, Rita Farr, Larry Trainor / Negative Man, as they are called into action by Cyborg when their leader and mentor Dr. Niles Caulder / The Chief is kidnapped by the supernatural super-villain known as Mr. Nobody.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grundy said:

I did enjoyed the comics . Although I don't really watch trailers anymore ( because of the spoilers ) hope the series to be at least decent and add more characters along the way .

That trailer certainly encompasses a lot of what happens in the first few episodes. So probably a good idea to go in blind. I'm enjoying the show though. It's certainly different, and having Brendan Fraser, even if in voice only for the most part, has been nice.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Koby said:

It's certainly different, and having Brendan Fraser, even if in voice only for the most part, has been nice.

Yes , love Brendan Fraser . I don't understand why so many people hate him . He deserves better than minor roles , low-bugget movies and hope his career will be revitalized .

Edited by Grundy

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, warriorpirate said:

I haven't seen Doom Patrol... has anyone seen it?

How would you rate season 1?

I enjoyed it. Brendan Fraser as Robotman was hilarious.

The show as a whole had it's ups and downs, but the highlights definitely overshadowed the lows.

If you like adult-ish comedy, don't mind a lot of cussing, and enjoy a ragtag band of misfits as the main cast, then you'll enjoy it plenty.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...