‘Arrow’ to End With Season 8 on The CW

Koby

Arrow, which was renewed for an eighth season back in January, will end after Season 8 airs during the 2019-2020 season. The final season will consist of 10 episodes.

q93g3NQ.jpg

“This was a difficult decision to come to, but like every hard decision we’ve made for the past seven years, it was with the best interests of ‘Arrow’ in mind,” series executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Beth Schwartz said in a statement. “We’re heartened by the fact that ‘Arrow’ has birthed an entire universe of shows that will continue on for many years to come. We’re excited about crafting a conclusion that honors the show, its characters and its legacy and are grateful to all the writers, producers, actors, and — more importantly — the incredible crew that has sustained us and the show for over seven years.”

Series star Stephen Amell also posted the following message on Twitter: “Playing Oliver Queen has been the greatest professional experience of my life… but you can’t be a vigilante forever…There’s so much to say… for now I just want to say thank you.”

“Arrow” launched on The CW in 2012 and remains one of the network’s highest-rated shows. It helped spawn what has come to be known as the “Arrowverse,” an inter-connected universe of other DC shows. The other current “Arrowverse” shows are “The Flash,” “Supergirl,” and “Legends of Tomorrow.” The CW also has a “Batwoman” pilot starring Ruby Rose in the works, with that project considered likely to get a series pickup.

“Arrow” stars Amell as the titular superhero, whose real name is Oliver Queen. Queen returned home to Starling City five years after being presumed dead in a shipwreck, at which time he created the superhero persona of Green Arrow to fight crime in the city.

In addition to Amell, the series also stars David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards, Echo Kellum, Katie Cassidy, Rick Gonzalez, Juliana Harkavy, Colton Haynes, Kirk Acevedo, and Sea Shimooka. In addition to Berlanti, Guggenheim, and Schwartz, Sarah Schechter also executive produces. The series is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.

• Like 1

So I have never actually watched this show, except for the crossover episodes.  However I do watch the other three ( “The Flash,” “Supergirl,” and “Legends of Tomorrow.” ).  I keep meaning to go back and start from the beginning but I never seem to find the time.

The show seems "Darker" than the other three.  Is it worth the time to binge through seven (or soon eight) seasons?

2 hours ago, slick1109 said:

So I have never actually watched this show, except for the crossover episodes.  However I do watch the other three ( “The Flash,” “Supergirl,” and “Legends of Tomorrow.” ).  I keep meaning to go back and start from the beginning but I never seem to find the time.

The show seems "Darker" than the other three.  Is it worth the time to binge through seven (or soon eight) seasons?

Season 1 & 2 were by far the best of the entire Arrowverse in my opinion. The worst of Arrow is still better than most of Supergirl. So if you can keep watching Supergirl, you should be fine with Arrow.

But Arrow was definitely past the time they should have ended it in my opinion.. It's been limping along for a while and I feel like the only reason it got a 10 episode renewal was to tie up Arrow going out in the cross-over event this Fall.

I think it would have been weird to start The Flash without having seen Arrow, since Barry Allen in this continuity was first introduced on Arrow and Oliver became his mentor. You miss out on a lot by not having seen Arrow.

Admittedly Arrow borrows a lot of Batman story arcs and replaces Batman with Green Arrow; making him seem like a cheap Batman-knockoff, but then Supergirl is doing the same thing with taking Superman arcs and replacing Superman with Supergirl. Seems weird to me to do considering these characters have plenty of story arcs to utilize without taking other characters story arcs.

In all honesty though the Arrowverse has a whole has been rather shitty for several seasons. Arrow took a nosedive in season 3, Supergirl took a nosedive in season 2, The Flash took a nosedive in season 3, Legends of Tomorrow was terrible in season one but was great in season 3, and now they're probably doing Batwoman which looks to just be a political agenda propaganda (like Supergirl has been since TheCW took over with season 2) Arrow-replacement.

If you're dying for some legitimate DC Comic action, I'd recommend Titans and Doom Patrol over on DCUniverse's stream platform. We're also getting Swamp Thing later this year, along with a Harley Quinn cartoon.

• Like 3

Yes , they streched the show as much as they could . I personally like Green Arrow ( the comic book character ) and the show is decent . I agree with @Koby that the first seasons were the best , although I don't really like those soap opera moments that kinda makes the show a little cheaper and that DC implemented those moments in almost all of their series . The rogues gallery is better because Green Arrow ,as @Koby said , shares some villians that are better known in Batman's tv shows / comic books etc. and it is no secret that Batman has the best villains in comics .

• Like 1

So out of the three I do watch, I seem to enjoy The Flash the most.  In the beginning I wouldn't have guessed that considering I have never been a big fan of the flash character.  However I enjoy the Time Travel and Multiverse aspects of the show, and ultimately think they have a good cast of characters.  Of course, it doesn't hurt that Candice Patton is nice eye candy as well.

With that said, if watching The Arrow provides more backstory for Barry Allen's start as The Flash, then that is already a good enough reason to add it to my To-Do list.

• Like 1

I started to lose interest around season five when they started to preach gun control with their ".Spectre of the Gun" episode.

Spoiler

I consider myself very supportive of the 2nd amendment and somewhat knowledgeable on firearms. So I found it annoying that they were falsely calling a AR 15 an assault rifle and a weapon of war. Anyone  somewhat knowledgeable on firearms knows our military does not use AR 15 rifles and as far as I know nor do military from other countries military uses AR 15 rifles.Anyone who is somewhat knowledgeable on firearms also knows that  assault rifles are magazine fed select fire automatic rifles that fire an intermediate size cartridge.  So no AR15 rifle today is an assault weapon.  At one time there were AR15 rifles that were select fire automatic. However it was rebranded as the M16 and the AR15 trademark since the mid 1960 was used only for the civilian semiautomatic rifles. 

I also found it annoying the show was talking about banning AR15 rifles while trying to play the middle road.  It reminded me the bullshit spewed by anti-gun politicians who say they support the 2nd amendment while at the same time claiming to support so called reasonable gun control laws. Which is code for banning semiautomatic firearms and making it more difficult for people to exercise their 2nd amendment rights.