Funimation Replaces Vic Mignogna on Morose Mononokean

Koby

6HfTsaK.jpgFollowing allegations of sexual misconduct, Funimation Entertainment has quietly replaced voice actor Vic Mignogna for its English-language dub of The Morose Mononokean Season 2.

The company's blog now credits Ian Sinclair as the Executive, a role voiced by Mignogna for the entire first season as well as in the first four episodes of Season 2. Funimation confirmed the cast change to Anime News Network.

Accusations that Mignogna engaged in nonconsensual touching and kissing of con attendees as far back as 2008 have surfaced online, with photographic evidence provided in support of the claims. In response, the production company Rooster Teeth announced earlier this week that Mignogna would not return to the voice cast of its popular anime series RWBY, and that it would end future associations with the actor.

Best known as the voice of Edward Elric on Fullmetal Alchemist, Mignogna released a statement late last month denying accusations of homophobia, antisemitism, sexual harassment, and nonconsensual kissing and touching. "My heart weeps for anyone who endures a violation of this kind," he wrote, in part, "so to be accused of harming others in this way ... I have no words."

Based on the manga series of the same name by Kiri Wazawa, The Morose Mononokean Season 2 is available for streaming.

This whole thing is rather sickening.. and I'm not talking about his actions. Just watch a video to see how this guy is..

Leave the guy alone. Generation snowflake needs to chill TF out. None of this was meant to be in any way sexual.

This society disappoints me on a scale that's hard to express. Of all the things that should be getting news in the world..

Edited by Ryrynz

I agree, I've seen no evidence to support such claims that actually seems legit. A lot is falsified and it's been proven that several voice actors were in on secret chatrooms discussing ways to photoshop and make Vic look bad. Vic just seems like a nice easy going over-affectionate guy and nothing was intended in the way they're trying to make it seem. A shame he lost his job before a proper investigation was done. I hope he is given an apology and given back his job. But even Chris Sabat is condemning him because Monica Rial is claiming Vic assaulted her too... >_< Neil Kaplan seems to also be very vindictive and outright stating he's had it out for Vic since the day he met him and he's now claiming Vic assaulted him in the past. Someone is accusing Neil Kaplan of attempted sexual assault too though now.

Maybe Vic will sue AnimeNewsNetwork for slander since they knowingly reported false allegations and despite the people in the photos reaching out to clear up the story, ANN has outright ignored them and continued to paint Vic in a negative light.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I remember hearing this crap a long time ago- like as far as 2012. They were just rumors that changed over time though, but it still remained the same. I remember hearing it from an ex-online friend back in 2013 as well.

Anyway, these sensible topics have been getting out of hand in the recent years. In the future these could hurt someone as the accused are labeled as guilty before proven guilty which makes makes all false-positives positives.