The Rising of the Shield Hero (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari)

Koby

The Rising of the Shield Hero

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

MAL

Synopsis:

Naofumi Iwatani, an uncharismatic Otaku who spends his days on games and manga, suddenly finds himself summoned to a parallel universe! He discovers he is one of four heroes equipped with legendary weapons and tasked with saving the world from its prophesied destruction. As the Shield Hero, the weakest of the heroes, all is not as it seems. Naofumi is soon alone, penniless, and betrayed. With no one to turn to, and nowhere to run, he is left with only his shield. Now, Naofumi must rise to become the legendary Shield Hero and save the world!

Crunchyroll announced this would be a same day Simuldub, only to say it had been delayed last minute, claim they would give users an update soon, and four weeks later no word has been given on the status of the dub.

UPDATE: As of episode 6,C CR premiered all episodes 1-6 in English dub and have stated going forward the dub should release weekly on same day as the simulcast, but it's unknown if it'll be simultaneous or later in the day.

Edited by Karyl
Imagery subject to copyright per German copyright law

• 2 weeks later...

Crunchyroll finally put up the dub for The Rising of the Shield Hero yesterday and I binged the 6 episodes that have aired. Going forward they claim it'll be same-day English dub as the simulcast.

Show seems great so far. Good thing the SJW's didn't get it killed off. They went after this show this season because "a woman in the show falsely accuses the MC of rape" and Goblin Slayer last season because "goblin rape".

Going to be tough deciding Anime of the Season between The Rising of the Shield Hero and The Promised Neverland at this current time imo.

It's a bit of a shame, the pace that is. There's a lot going on behind the scenes in the LN that fleshes out the story, especially concerning the mc and his autistic relationships that makes him seem a lot more real. He's an okay guy, but not one to cross. When standard channels aren't available, he doesn't mind underhanded dealings, but he's dependable to those who aren't douchebags. Spare some love for tanuki-chan, especially since she had such a severe oppai-reduction from the manga.

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing the hype and all, this is going to be the AoTS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Overall it is okay but not as great people say. I didn't like the fact that shield hero is ridiculed for apparently no reason or at least I can't find one. If the reason is he being a shield hero and to gain viewer empathy then it's lame. If there is no reason or a lame reason then this is also a generic Issekai title. First episodes were good but lately it's just another boring Issekai driven plot and adding lolis and moe stuff to attract the audience.

On 3/15/2019 at 9:22 PM, gskumar said:

Seeing the hype and all, this is going to be the AoTS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Overall it is okay but not as great people say. I didn't like the fact that shield hero is ridiculed for apparently no reason or at least I can't find one. If the reason is he being a shield hero and to gain viewer empathy then it's lame. If there is no reason or a lame reason then this is also a generic Issekai title. First episodes were good but lately it's just another boring Issekai driven plot and adding lolis and moe stuff to attract the audience.

yeah the anime did this terribly, i read the LN when they were first being translated and such (have since not been able to read them so no idea about 100% of my info) but if i remember correctly they hate him for simply being the shield hero. Their mentality is more or less a "Hero" is suppose to be badass and kick ass, how can he do that with a shield? So they hate him. IMO it gets much better when the Queen shows up. Hopefully it doesnt continue this downward descent its on.