Jump to content
victor766

Horror Anime recomendations

Recommended Posts

I am not sure what type of horror you are looking for, but here're some that I like:

  • Higurashi Series (Psychological horror) (can also try Umineko after that)
  • Another
  • Shiki
  • Electromagnetic Girlfriend (don't remember what it was, but probably a horror)
  • Corpse Party (Gore)
  • Ghost Hunt
  • Not-horror-te-horror: Hellsing, Future Diary, Hell Girl, Parasyte -the maxim-, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, 
  • More action~y then horror: Blood+ (vampires), Elfen Lied, Tokyo Ghoul, HSotD, Tsukihime - Lunar Legend

 

And yes, I believe this is the incorrect forum. There is a separate forum called "Recommendations & Reviews". Please use that.

 

I'll ask someone to move it.

@Koby @NeutralHatred I believe this needs to be moved to "Recommendations & Reviews" section

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ani-me said:

I am not sure what type of horror you are looking for, but here're some that I like:

  • Higurashi Series (Psychological horror) (can also try Umineko after that)
  • Another
  • Shiki
  • Electromagnetic Girlfriend (don't remember what it was, but probably a horror)
  • Corpse Party (Gore)
  • Ghost Hunt
  • Not-horror-te-horror: Hellsing, Future Diary, Hell Girl, Parasyte -the maxim-, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, 
  • More action~y then horror: Blood+ (vampires), Elfen Lied, Tokyo Ghoul, HSotD, Tsukihime - Lunar Legend

 

Anything excessively violet and gory is considered horror under the anime banner. Anime does not try to scare people like a typical horror movie would. You feel more uncomfortable or uneasy when watching it. Madoka Magica was a sense of dread, Hell Girl was a little girl dragging you to hell. Jump scares aren't a thing in anime. Highschool of the Dead was also a horror, despite the glaring ecchi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NeutralHatred said:

Anything excessively violet and gory is considered horror under the anime banner. Anime does not try to scare people like a typical horror movie would. You feel more uncomfortable or uneasy when watching it. Madoka Magica was a sense of dread, Hell Girl was a little girl dragging you to hell. Jump scares aren't a thing in anime. Highschool of the Dead was also a horror, despite the glaring ecchi.

Thanks....I thought so....Some site to list them as horror...

Just felt should still point them out in case the OP is expecting only ghost/vampire/hack-n-slash type horror :D 

And I see....there was my keyboard acting up again....

23 hours ago, ani-me said:

Not-horror-te-horror

=Not-horror-type-horror, iirc

(need to really get my keyboard fixed....)

 

14 hours ago, NeutralHatred said:

Jump scares aren't a thing in anime.

This is one of the best thing about anime horror (or, probably, Japanese horror)... I don't feel that jump scares are really elements of horror....more of just startling elements..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I second Higurashi. If you're only going to watch one, make it that. Shiki is also really good. I thought Another and Electromagnetic Girlfriend were just so-so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Solaufein said:

I second Higurashi. If you're only going to watch one, make it that. Shiki is also really good. I thought Another and Electromagnetic Girlfriend were just so-so.

I too feel that Higurashi is the best among them... though...

Spoiler

though.... later on in the series it starts feeling more like a mystery than a horror(though horror is always present as well), and I believe that is what makes it even better... it's more like a horror on fate level...not just limited to ghosts/people/place...but rather bound to people's fate it self....I can go on discussing this show...but I'll stop....

And yeah, I kinda agree... I don;t even remember much about "Electromagnetic Girlfriend", so it was forgettable, and that proves it's worth (for me) among the others..

 

BTW, 

Another recommendation: Deadman Wonderland

It's among my first shows... I don;t remember the story well, but I was hooked...

Warning: it feel very very incomplete, the only thing I hate about it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, gskumar said:

 I can't seem to find this. mal link pls. And can you give a small review on this.

Oh. Here you go:

MAL | AniDB (my pref)

 

Honestly speaking I don't remember it that well, probably because it is so short (45min x 2 Eps) and that I watched it a quite some time back..

I'll tell what I can remember without trying to spoil, still using a spoiler, read at your own risk

Spoiler

It is surround around a couple (pseudo-couple?), the guys is a normal while the girl had some supernatural powers (what were they, don't remember). They both worked together resolving issues... I believe there were serial murders or something.

Overall, it was more of a mystery than a horror. The girl was weird~ish/psycho.... and... I don't remember more

Well, when all is said and done, I'd recommend only if you have already covered all the other major players in the genre....this is more of a minor entry...for those who have finished all the better stuff.... that's my opinion on it

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ani-me said:

Well, when all is said and done, I'd recommend only if you have already covered all the other major players in the genre....this is more of a minor entry...for those who have finished all the better stuff.... that's my opinion on it

I almost watched Major players (you can see my mal link), right now scouting the rare gems or the ones which I haven't heard and recommend by someone (this is how I am going by lately). Thanks for the info. Only 2 ep it will completed in no time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, gskumar said:

I almost watched Major players (you can see my mal link), right now scouting the rare gems or the ones which I haven't heard and recommend by someone (this is how I am going by lately). Thanks for the info. Only 2 ep it will completed in no time.

In that case you can give it a shot..!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...