'Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?' Anime Gets 2nd Season, Film Project

Koby

nko1lCX.jpgThe "GA Bunko 2018 Happyō Stage" presentation at the Wonder Festival event announced on Sunday that Fujino Ōmori and illustrator's Suzuhito Yasuda's Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? light novel series is inspiring a second anime season and an anime film.

The film is titled Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darō ka: Arrow of the Orion (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Arrow of the Orion).

The presentation revealed the film's first visual, and also revealed that the film will have an original story written by Ōmori.

The Twitter account for GA Bunko had teased last month that the franchise was getting a "new project."

J.C. Staff adapted the novels into a television anime in 2015. Sentai Filmworks licensed the series for North America, and Crunchyroll streamed the anime as it aired in Japan.

Ōmori and illustrator Kiyotaka Haimura's Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoria spinoff light novel series inspired an anime that premiered last April. Sentai Filmworks licensed the anime under the title Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side and simulcasted the series in the United States on Amazon's now-defunct Anime Strike streaming service.

Yen Press is releasing both the original novel series and Sword Oratoria, as well as their respective manga adaptations, in North America.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

It's great news for the fans of the series, though I have a question about the entire series on the whole if that is okay? I don't mind some ecchi stuff like Air Gear and though the 7 Sins was pushing what I'm normally okay with, the story was good since I love paranormal stories about demons, vampires, angels or any of that type of stuff. I'm debating giving this series a try, but I do want to know if this pushes way past a little ecchi and goes into full blown hentai like some people have told me, ones I don't really trust to tell the truth on this matter. So...how is the show? Is it more Hentai or more ecchi, or hopefully even less? And how is the story itself?

• 2 months later...
On 3/12/2018 at 12:49 PM, thedoctor2014 said:

It's great news for the fans of the series, though I have a question about the entire series on the whole if that is okay? I don't mind some ecchi stuff like Air Gear and though the 7 Sins was pushing what I'm normally okay with, the story was good since I love paranormal stories about demons, vampires, angels or any of that type of stuff. I'm debating giving this series a try, but I do want to know if this pushes way past a little ecchi and goes into full blown hentai like some people have told me, ones I don't really trust to tell the truth on this matter. So...how is the show? Is it more Hentai or more ecchi, or hopefully even less? And how is the story itself?

There is no nudity and no sex scenes. All you get here is some cleavage and the occasional skimpy clothes.

It's definitely not hentai levels of anything.

It's more comical than anything, and I very much recommend watching it.

The spin-off Sword Oratoria sucked though.

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2018 at 11:47 PM, Koby said:

There is no nudity and no sex scenes. All you get here is some cleavage and the occasional skimpy clothes.

It's definitely not hentai levels of anything.

It's more comical than anything, and I very much recommend watching it.

The spin-off Sword Oratoria sucked though.

Thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...