Cartoon Network 90s-early 00s

Alp123456

I cannot fathom why companies produce shows and then throw them away in some storage bin for eternity

So many shows would be lost to time if not for the efforts of crazy people like us who Archive stuff

Its not just Cartoon Network, Disney are guilty of this and so are plenty of others, they seem content to let stuff rot forever

It genuinely angers me sometimes, couldn't they at least release it on YouTube or something? 

Edited by EccentricOne
  • Like 5

On 9/11/2017 at 2:56 PM, EccentricOne said:

I cannot fathom why companies produce shows and then throw them away in some storage bin for eternity

So many shows would be lost to time if not for the efforts of crazy people like us who Archive stuff

Its not just Cartoon Network, Disney are guilty of this and so are plenty of others, they seem content to let stuff rot forever

It genuinely angers me sometimes, couldn't they at least release it on YouTube or something? 

Tell me about it. I am still waiting for Disney to release their LAST dvd set to complete the series for Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, and Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers. Then they need to finish Goof Troop, Gargoyles and make Bonkers on dvd. Other countries have Timon and Pumbaa, Aladdin and I believe Quack Pack out in box sets too. Disney sucks at this. Warner Bros. still needs to out out the rest of Tiny Toon movies. At least they finished Animaniacs, Pinky & the Brain and Tiny Toons. Yet we can't get X-men Evolution complete. And whoever owns Mortal Kombat Defenders of the Realm, other countries have the complete series out. We do not. 

I am not saying we won't some day, but I highly doubt it. I hate when companies start a series on dvd then stops them without finishing them.

10 hours ago, thefarmboy said:

Yeah, there are a lot of CN shows I would pick up box sets for. I don't like how they also haven't made available certain shows in widescreen that were produced that way, or HD. Could it really be that hard, or cost prohibitive, to give some love to their older shows? Even a short run at first to "test the waters"?

Precisely @thefarmboy

Fuck CN. Lack of dvd releases, only release most shit on itunes so it gets re-encoded by an apple noob who doesn't kno how to re-encode and gets a bunch of unecessary pixelation. Only plays that shit Gumball show, Magiswords which I've hated since it was a web cartoon, Teen Titangs Go (don't even get me started on that atrocity) and Steven U which is decent. Only thing they did right in the last few years was Justice League Action. I'm pretty sure they don;'t even play Looney Tunes in the am hours anymore, the nail in the coffin

Hopefully this Samurai Jack BD set is a sign of more to come? Probably not as I'd imagine they're just doing this cuz of s5 *sighs*

Edited by DabDeity710
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DabDeity710 said:

Fuck CN. Lack of dvd releases, only release most shit on itunes so it gets re-encoded by an apple noob who doesn't kno how to re-encode and gets a bunch of unecessary pixelation. Only plays that shit Gumball show, Magiswords which I've hated since it was a web cartoon, Teen Titangs Go (don't even get me started on that atrocity) and Steven U which is decent. Only thing they did right in the last few years was Justice League Action. I'm pretty sure they don;'t even play Looney Tunes in the am hours anymore, the nail in the coffin

Hopefully this Samurai Jack BD set is a sign of more to come? Probably not as I'd imagine they're just doing this cuz of s5 *sighs*

Your 100% right about there lack of dvd releases and in most cases they rather up it to ITunes, but like you said the video is lacking quality thanks to idiots that don't know shit about encoding and sometimes like in Ed, Edd n Eddy case they forget to up episodes that are part of the series. Can they at least up a complete collection not parts of it, fucken dumbasses. 

• 3 weeks later...