Drake and Josh

MacAttack

Does anybody have better rips of the Tv Series Drake and Josh?

I found seasons on ShareMania but they are 1080p upscales and the audio is out of sync.

They are missing a few episodes but it's the best version i have seen of the show yet.

http://sharemania.us/threads/drake-josh-season-1-upscaled-1080i-hdmania.38965/#post-504662

If anyone has anything better to share please message me.

This is a show that everyone needs to see.

• Like 1

I asked @Catar a while back but it was mostly just iTunes / low quality TV rips. Not really sure how I feel about these obscure links and partial .rar files but the images look pretty decent. Shame about the missing episodes and desynced audio though.

But to answer your question, I do believe this is the highest quality version of Drake & Josh I've seen so far.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/29/2017 at 0:32 PM, Samue1 said:

Ahem... His full screen is the screen of his TV.

1.  The files in question are in .ts format aka raw recordings that have not been altered.

2.  The files in question are in 1920x1080i, @ 25fps & 16:9 aspect ratio.  1080i is the broadcast standard for HDTV and 25fps is the standard in the UK.  (recordings are from Nick UK as seen from watermark throughout episodes)  

3.  16:9 aspect ratio is also the broadcast standard nowadays and these older shows were often recorded in 4:3, hence the cropping.

I have no idea what you're talking about but it doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, meepers said:

3.  16:9 aspect ratio is also the broadcast standard nowadays and these older shows were often recorded in 4:3, hence the cropping.

I know 16:9 is the standard broadcasting format these days but when the episode is played on his TV for this On-Demand episodes, those episodes are not cropped to 16:9 (widescreen). They're actually broadcast in 4:3 (fullscreen). His device, Elgato HD60 is actually only able to capture widescreen.

Why is it soooooooooo difficult for you to understand. o.O Get that in your brain.

4 hours ago, Samue1 said:

I know 16:9 is the standard broadcasting format these days but when the episode is played on his TV for this On-Demand episodes, those episodes are not cropped to 16:9 (widescreen). They're actually broadcast in 4:3 (fullscreen). His device, Elgato HD60 is actually only able to capture widescreen.

Why is it soooooooooo difficult for you to understand. o.O Get that in your brain.

I understand perfectly.  It is your mind that appears to be clouded.

First of all, you posted a pic of the capper saying they can only record in fullscreen, aka 4:3 aspect ratio.  Right off the bat the wrong terminology was used which I assume added to your misunderstanding.

Secondly, Nickelodeon UK airs all shows in a 16:9 aspect ratio, aka WIDESCREEN.  That is the broadcast standard.  They never air content in 4:3 aspect ratio, unless it's not upscaled.  This means when they air any content that was recorded in 4:3, aka FULLSCREEN, there will be some cropping along the top and bottom when upscaled to 1080i.  This is commonplace when older shows are aired via HDTV in the present day.  I don't know what on earth you think this has to do with the person who recorded these episodes or the hardware they used but I can assure there is absolutely no correlation whatsoever.  Nickelodeon USA does the exact same thing.  They air old ep's or movies of Drake and Josh and they are either not upscaled at all, which leaves large black bars on all 4 sides, or they air in 16:9 and end up causing some cropping.

When broadcasts are cropped nothing can be done to regain the portions of the picture that are not present.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, meepers said:

I understand perfectly.  It is your mind that appears to be clouded.

First of all, you posted a pic of the capper saying they can only record in fullscreen, aka 4:3 aspect ratio.  Right off the bat the wrong terminology was used which I assume added to your misunderstanding.

Secondly, Nickelodeon UK airs all shows in a 16:9 aspect ratio, aka WIDESCREEN.  That is the broadcast standard.  They never air content in 4:3 aspect ratio, unless it's not upscaled.  This means when they air any content that was recorded in 4:3, aka FULLSCREEN, there will be some cropping along the top and bottom when upscaled to 1080i.  This is commonplace when older shows are aired via HDTV in the present day.  I don't know what on earth you think this has to do with the person who recorded these episodes or the hardware they used but I can assure there is absolutely no correlation whatsoever.  Nickelodeon USA does the exact same thing.  They air old ep's or movies of Drake and Josh and they are either not upscaled at all, which leaves large black bars on all 4 sides, or they air in 16:9 and end up causing some cropping.

When broadcasts are cropped nothing can be done to regain the portions of the picture that are not present.

Fine. I don't want to cause any drama here. I will ask him single-handedly myself.

Edited by Samue1
  • Like 1