Aria the Animation English dub

EinsamerWandere

In case anyone here would be interested, there is a Kickstarter running to create an English dub for Aria. The first season (Aria the Animation) is fully funded is it is approaching a major stretch goal to dub the first part of the second season (Aria the Natural) as well. If you enjoy comfy 'healing' anime please do check it out. Fingers crossed that it can fund the whole second season.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/160939828/lets-dub-aria-the-animation?utm_source=right stuf blog&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=aria_kickstarter

8 hours ago, EinsamerWandere said:

You've proven correct, Inverti. Now to see if the campaign can continue it's success and fund the rest of the series.

$45k until season 3 is unlocked, 10 days remaining... who knows. I think my biggest concern is the video quality, since these Blu-rays will be upscales of lower quality material. So worst case scenario we might get a shitty upscale paired with high-quality dub w/ 5.1 lossless audio.

Interesting to say the least.

Edited by Scyrous

13 hours ago, Scyrous said:

I think my biggest concern is the video quality, since these Blu-rays will be upscales of lower quality material.

I have the same concern to some degree. Nozomi has said they are aware of the issues that occurred with the upscaling for the Japanese BD release, which is why they decided to do their own. Hopefully the final product will avoid the previous issues without introducing too many new ones and we'll get a really nice version. As you say, it should be interesting. I'm hoping it not only unlocks S3 (plus Avvenire and the Picture Dramas) but we also unlock the Japanese staff round table extra for Avvenire.

19 hours ago, Inverti said:

UPDATE: The entire Aria series is getting dubbed, thanks to the Kickstarter reaching 360k.

Yep, I'm so excited that one of my favorites is getting not only a US domestic BD release (which I honestly never hoped for given the niche nature) but is also getting an English dub! The campaign, which has already been an unqualified success, runs until Monday (09/11) early evening EDT if anyone else wants to get in on it.

I wonder how Nozomi will deal with the excess funds. It is strongly implied that the company will attempt to choose another title from their subbed-only catalogue for a dub, thanks to the huge success of this Kickstarter. If I had to guess, Maria Sama could very well be next (based on the backers' responses).  

• 6 months later...