Your thoughts on The shippuuden dub.

idl12

I love Naruto since the first time i seen it, but i actually didn't watch it until the whole 220 eps came out and was already on shippuden, but i have to say this new series took me by surprise at first, it was a definate improvement. But then all of a sudden it started doing the 'ole Naruto flashback crap again and i was a little dissapointed but i was cool with it. But in the last 10 or so eps the flashbacks have become incredibly frustrating watching the same f*@&!ng scenes from the LAST series over and over again it just makes me wonder how long the eps would be if the took them out completely. At the rate its going you barely see around 10 - 15mins of realtime action!!

Also, how thick can naruto/sakura get when they finally realized that sai was out to kill sasuke?? Man i swear the writers just think the audience is a bunch of brain dead sealions...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Naruto since the first time i seen it, but i actually didn't watch it until the whole 220 eps came out and was already on shippuden, but i have to say this new series took me by surprise at first, it was a definate improvement. But then all of a sudden it started doing the 'ole Naruto flashback crap again and i was a little dissapointed but i was cool with it. But in the last 10 or so eps the flashbacks have become incredibly frustrating watching the same f*@&!ng scenes from the LAST series over and over again it just makes me wonder how long the eps would be if the took them out completely. At the rate its going you barely see around 10 - 15mins of realtime action!!

Also, how thick can naruto/sakura get when they finally realized that sai was out to kill sasuke?? Man i swear the writers just think the audience is a bunch of brain dead sealions...

While you raised some points that I strongly agree with, the title asks your thoughts on the dub of the show, i.e the quality of the voices, your likes and dislikes when it comes to certain voices, things like that, although a lot of people didn't seem to quite get that point either lol.

There are two things that I could have gone without:

1. Some voices are too high to be passable for the age(Sai's and Yamato's are too high for a ~16 year old and ~25 year old)

2. Danzo has an unexplainable accent that none of the other village elders have, which is strange and doesn't fit in.

Other than that I think they did a very good job on translating and finding suitable voices/making recurring characters voices seem older.

• 2 weeks later...
I find the voices pretty pleasant and the few set back are well worth it since I find it difficult to read subs in fight scenes etc.

I find it on par or only slightly worse than the FMA dub.

weird opinion was weird lol, would you mind going more into detail about the set backs you mentioned, meaning what individual voices do you like/don' like.

I would have to say I prefer subs, however all the reading does turn me off a bit. My sister doesn't like the dubs but i think they're fine! At least the accents aren't annoying like in some other animes i have watched, plain catastrophic. I'm bilingual and i have an issue with dubbed movies. I find that often the voice doesn't sound appropriate to the movie e.g. modern action and the voices sound like they come from a Jane Austin movie....so sad...so i'm pretty happy with Naruto dubs :)

I like the dubs so far, but I wish there was more swearing or a least keep to the original language......Danzo's voice is rather odd but oh well.....oh yeah...Tobi's voice is just hilarious!!!!!!

I still prefer the original Japanese audio but the dub is doing just fine...at least from my point of view!!

Well..after hearing Ino's voice when she met Sai for the first time I have to say that I was extremely disappointed, she was one of the voices that I liked the most in the original series, now she just sounds like terrible, if they changed the Va for her that was really a bad move, she's one of the only two voices that I hate so far.

out of curiousity, ive been thinking about buying the shippuden box sets(although it only 3-australia) should i wait for the uncut version for swearing or will they not put swearing on the dubbed eps, evn if its in a uncut box set?, hmmmmmmm??????????! (or are the uncut ones only subtitled?)