Your thoughts on The shippuuden dub.

idl12

Well, seeing as this hasn't been made a topic and the shippuuden dub has reached a point where most of the important voices have been heard, I was just wondering what everyone thought about the dub voices.

I personally don't find it to be as bad as everyone makes it out to be, though I still prefer the subs, Just about everyone's voice was alright, the only real complaints I have are of course Naruto and then there's Sakura who tends to sound plain awkward in most of the teary scenes everyone else especially Lee, Guy and Jiraiya sound just fine and even though Naruto's voice makes me cringe a lot, I think Viz did a really good job of making him sound similar to his almost equally annoying japanese counterpart. So what do you guys think?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the dub for shippuuden was done well, I watched up to about episode 50 in subs when it first came out and stopped but I have now heard all the voices in dub that i heard in sub and they sound really good, they seem to fit the characters fairly well with a few exceptions. The translations on it are also good, though some parts are a bit different and lose some of their meaning is lost it is still good. (sorry if some of this makes no sense, I am a bit tired :S)

it pisses me off!!!!!!!!!

really, i know it may be an anime and considered as a cartoon, but they really ought to swear more often. in the sub, they must have said bastard, fuck, etc. about 100 times. naruto only said it twice so far (i think)

lol, i can't wait until hidan shows up. i wonder how they'll handle the swearing then?

it pisses me off!!!!!!!!!

really, i know it may be an anime and considered as a cartoon, but they really ought to swear more often. in the sub, they must have said bastard, fuck, etc. about 100 times. naruto only said it twice so far (i think)

lol, i can't wait until hidan shows up. i wonder how they'll handle the swearing then?

well on the uncut box set they do swear but the hard part is waiting on the shippuden uncut box sets. i currently have box sets 1 and 2 and they do swear lol also i have all 16 uncut box sets of the original series and the swear on those too also its more violent and bloody.

well on the uncut box set they do swear but the hard part is waiting on the shippuden uncut box sets. i currently have box sets 1 and 2 and they do swear lol also i have all 16 uncut box sets of the original series and the swear on those too also its more violent and bloody.

that's good to know. have they been uploaded on the site?

hello everyone i m new to this site and i m here for just one reason...

for eng dub naruto...

don kno if registering here will work but i'll giv it a try...

about the topic though... i dont kno y ppl r makin such fuss about eng dub episodes... in my opinion eng dub are far more better then eng subs for ppl like us who like watching an anime rather than reading it.

naruto as a fictional character he is who knos wats his original voice shud b...

its just that we shud not b against ppl who like eng dub....

its just a matter of choice...