[HELP] Wireless Adapter Not Working

Kid Ryan

Note: Downgrading to Windows 8/8.1 or 7 is not an option, nor is using an ethernet connection instead of wi-fi. Please don't recommend either, I have my reasons.

I can't get Windows 10 to recognize/show my wireless adapter, no matter what I've done. Already tried disabling all other network adapters first before installing the latest driver from their website, and then rebooting, nothing happened. I've also tried going thru device manager and updating it that way, won't even let me update and it can't find drivers automatically.

Please can someone here help me figure out what the problem is with my wireless adapter and make it work/show up on my computer?

My PC's Specs

CPU: AMD A10-7890K 4.1GHz Quad-Core Processor

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3HP ATX FM2+ Motherboard

Graphics/Video: AMD Radeon R7 Graphics (Integrated)

Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Audio: AMD High Definition Audio Device (Integrated)

Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Wireless Adapter: TP-Link Archer T9E PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter

Monitor: Dell SE2416H 23.8" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech - MK345 Wireless Standard Keyboard w/Optical Mouse

ryan_s_1st_pc_build_summary_by_toddler_n

Edited by Toddler Naruto

Did this only happen after updating to Windows 10? If so, the device just might not be compatible with Windows 10. Otherwise, something might have happened during installation of the OS without informing you. This is normally one of the biggest reasons hardware no longer works after an OS upgrade if it is supposed to be compatible with the OS. I think I found your network card here:

http://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-5519_Archer-T9E.html

If that is it, there are a few complaints about the card, including at least one that couldn't get the driver working. Also, if this is the first time using the card, try to completely uninstall the driver and re-install. Then, download the latest driver from the support site here:

http://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-5519_Archer-T9E.html

Then check the setup videos page to see if you installed correctly before attempting again.

Have you gone into the BIOS (tap delete a few times when booting) to make sure it's not disabling the pci-e slot for some reason?
Edit: I found the manual for your mobo and it almost looks like the pcie slots might not have legacy support enabled by default. If that wireless card is not a supported device, it could be as simple as turning on the legacy support.

Edited by noob447

1. Start PC -> Shutdown PC but hold Shift Button -> Then Restart it as Driver Signature Devices.

Download Driver with Another PC, copy it with the USB to Main PC.

Open Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Action -> Add Old Device.

Search for Network Driver and install it.

2. What you can try is Re-Install it again and connect you're pc with Ethernet Cable, if it works it automatically installes it.

3. I also got an Old Laptop, but evertime I must enable the Wireless Connection Button on my PC to get it to work.

Next to the Minus Button was by my PC Acer Aspire 8930G, but I never buy it again because Custom Service isn't great at all.

8920_01.jpg

9 hours ago, Toddler Naruto said:

Turns out I was trying to install the wrong version this entire time XD. My wi-fi is now working and this can be considered closed/resolved.

Heh, glad it's all working. Also Windows 10 should keep that up that driver up to date automatically (I'm actually surprised it didn't work right off the bat and that it needed the drivers installed).

5 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

Heh, glad it's all working. Also Windows 10 should keep that up that driver up to date automatically (I'm actually surprised it didn't work right off the bat and that it needed the drivers installed).

That's because the wireless adapter wasn't made with Windows 10 in mind.

You need to download a specific driver from their official site to make it work with Windows 10.

On 2017-6-7 at 4:46 AM, Toddler Naruto said:

That's because the wireless adapter wasn't made with Windows 10 in mind.

From my experience, anything that supports Windows 8.1, worked on 10... or 10 was clever enough to get it installed automatically from generic drivers and then update to the latest version ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Oh well, as a side note - and by no means may this apply to your wifi card - my TP-Link one I had crapped out and just stopped connecting to wifi on boot. Maybe after the 3rd or 4th time it would. I eventually replaced it with this (Gigabyte GC-WB867D):

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAZU4431824&cm_re=Gigabyte_GC-WB867D-_-13-995-032-_-Product

Been good so far and performance/support is there.

• Like 1