#Kametsu unable to join channel (address is banned)

sfree21

@sfree21 I set that ban due to repeated abuse from the ISP. I have revised the ban to be just the ISP but I have also applied an exemption to your host - just connect with your nick and ident/username as it is now and you should be perfect, so long as you match sfree21!sfree21@*.rev.vodafone.pt you should be able to join now. PM me here on the forum if you have any trouble getting in.

29 minutes ago, sfree21 said:

Thanks a lot, it's working now.

@sfree21 you're welcome. Also just to let you know, I set an exemption on your NickServ account as well. Even if I were to ban all of *.pt, that exemption would permit you to enter. You need only identify to your NickServ account, to enter the channel, if you find yourself unable to enter it again.

Edited by IkarosBD

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kametsu community

I seem to have an similar issue. I have in meny years used mIRC and just recently got an static Ip from my ISP and now found an issue not being able to connect to #Kametsu. I had an Dynamic  ip before. The issue stated by but the web irc from this site and my own mIRC sats the following. " You are listed in DroneBL ". I have visted the site today about 6 hours ago and pressed the removel link and mIRC server window "You have been banned from the Xertion IRC network. For more information, please view http://wiki.xertion.org/w/Bans
.:15:43:53:. (%) •·Disconnected from irc.kametsu.com·•"

Do any have a clue to how long there take? i perfer to use XDCC ;) when i can. And the torrents for the ones i can't get on XDCC :P.

I know that i have just joined and i'm new here. So hope for some assistens. Allso, How do i change my avatar?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Reddinkill

1 hour ago, Reddinkill said:

Hi Kametsu community

I seem to have an similar issue. I have in meny years used mIRC and just recently got an static Ip from my ISP and now found an issue not being able to connect to #Kametsu. I had an Dynamic  ip before. The issue stated by but the web irc from this site and my own mIRC sats the following. " You are listed in DroneBL ". I have visted the site today about 6 hours ago and pressed the removel link and mIRC server window "You have been banned from the Xertion IRC network. For more information, please view http://wiki.xertion.org/w/Bans
.:15:43:53:. (%) •·Disconnected from irc.kametsu.com·•"

Do any have a clue to how long there take? i perfer to use XDCC ;) when i can. And the torrents for the ones i can't get on XDCC :P.

I know that i have just joined and i'm new here. So hope for some assistens. Allso, How do i change my avatar?

Thanks in advance

If you're listed in DroneBL and have a static IP, then you're likely infected with viruses pr something of the sort. If it was dynamic, then it'd be assumed someone who previously had access to the IP was doing so. I'd highly suggest scanning your PC with MalwareBytes and Hitman Pro. How long has it been that you've had the static IP? DroneBL specifically lists your IP has having been determined to be owned by a Botnet back in October 2016. Which could just be a result of an open proxy perhaps, I wouldn't know for sure. If you know this is not the case, then you'll need to request removal from the DroneBL listing on their site. For more information on DroneBL check out: https://dronebl.org/

@IkarosBD will likely be able to help you better than I could in this matter and help get the ban removed. I'll let him know about this, but if you would, please email [email protected] with:

IP address banned from the network: 
Your IRC nick: 
Ban message shown on-connect: 

IkarosBD says the ban has been removed and you should be able to connect now!

• Like 1