Which anime have you continued to watch through even though you didn't enjoy it?

Philip Poo

At the moment I'm watching Revolutionary Girl Utena and not really enjoying it but I'm too far in to stop...especially because I heard the repetitiveness is worth it for the ending. Which other anime series have you guys "hate-watched" because you heard it was good or for some other reason? :)

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2017 at 7:44 AM, Kazaku said:

Weirdly.. One Piece.

When you say this, do you mean you never enjoyed it? 
Or you no longer enjoy it?
Cause I can sorta relate to the later, I kind of don't want to admit to myself that the pacing of the current episodes is killing the show for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Well so far I watched all the Anime I started until completion. I have a never drop policy and I don't really enjoy it.

My goal is to watch all the anime that exist, it is most likely impossible but a man should have dreams, right?

There are too many bad anime that I watched till the end to count them all, after all my list has almost 1600 anime in it.

A few examples are:

Junjo Romantica, BL is not my thing and I cringed the whole time.

Inazuma Eleven

Da Capo Series

Tokyo Mew Mew

Bakegyamon

Shuffle Series

2 minutes ago, JAM3S said:

Well so far I watched all the Anime I started until completion. I have a never drop policy and I don't really enjoy it.

My goal is to watch all the anime that exist, it is most likely impossible but a man should have dreams, right?

There are too many bad anime that I watched till the end to count them all, after all my list has almost 1600 anime in it.

A few examples are:

Junjo Romantica, BL is not my thing and I cringed the whole time.

Inazuma Eleven

Da Capo Series

Tokyo Mew Mew

Bakegyamon

Shuffle Series

Seriously, if you keep that up u might have a heart attack or lose your mind, cause there are a lot of anime that shouldn't just be watched 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't really 'Hate-watched' any series, I drop it if I'm disliking it that much.

One sorta close one for me though was Zero no Tsukaima (Familiar of Zero) series.

At first, I was enjoying it for what it was but then Louise (Main Girl) just got on my nerves, especially further in. She really dragged the experience down for me but I still pushed through all 4 Seasons.

Louise is the only character that I would say I ever truly disliked. No one single character usually bothers me so much.

Edited by RyanEsau

I barely have time to watch shows I do enjoy, so if I'm not enjoying something I tend to drop it. If it's close to being done I'll sometimes power through it or run it in the background, but hell I've dropped some series where only a few episodes were left that I just couldn't bring myself to finishing before. Like Uraboku, I think I had like 6 of the 24 episodes left when I dropped it and a few where I was 8 out of 12 into it. This season I should have dropped Island, but every time I was ready to call the last episode, something somewhat interesting happened that made me continue on only to regret not dropping it... and now I'm 8 episodes into a 12 episode run and questioning why I haven't dropped it, lol.

3 hours ago, RyanEsau said:

One sorta close one for me though was Zero no Tsukaima (Familiar of Zero) series.

At first, I was enjoying it for what it was but then Louise (Main Girl) just got on my nerves, especially further in. She really dragged the experience down for me but I still pushed through all 4 Seasons.

Louise is the only character that I would say I ever truly disliked. No one single character usually bothers me so much.

THANK YOU! Louise is one mean BITCH. She doesn't deserve anyone's affection, and especially not Saito's. The biggest mystery of The Familiar of Zero will always be why Saito is willing to put up with her bullshit, when there's so many other waifus in the same series that are higher tier than Louise IN EVERY SINGLE WAY (looking at you, Henrietta). 

As for the topic question, that'd be every single series that I end up not liking so much. Usually, I try to find reasons to enjoy a show, rather than the other way around. I refuse to drop shows even if it seems a chore to complete, because I'd rather know the ending. I'm also a completionist, so there's that, too.

• Like 1