Where to buy anime cheap?

Bindy

Hey guys I am looking to buy some anime but everywhere I have been checking they have cost to much. I have only been looking at some stores in my town and I looked through google for some online places but all I have found cost about $70 for a normal 26 episode box set. So if you know any places, preferably online, that sell anime for cheap could you please let me know down below. Thanks.

I buy nearly all my Anime on Amazon.

I get most 26 episode sets for about $30 or less, and 12-13 episode sets for $20 or less.

For example some of my purchases were:

The complete set of Black Lagoon (24 episodes) for $29 brand new!

Both sets of Gundam Seed (25 episodes each) for $25 each.

All 4 seasons of Yuyu Hakusho for $20 per season, that is 112 episodes for $80.

.hack//Legend of the Twilight (12 episodes) for $12.

The Twelve Kingdoms (45 episodes) for only $33.

Well the examples were not all recently, I only buy Anime when I can afford to, and when there is good deals on them.

wow that is awesome, thanks Koby, just went on and found Death Note for about $35 a season so $70 for both, lot better than going into JB and buying them for $70 a season... Will hopefully be making some purchases soon :)

Yeah I forgot to mention, I recently purchased Death Note on Amazon, both sets together for about $50. xD They had a sell on them a few weeks ago, but prices are back up atm.

Rightstuff.com is super super cheap plus they have a bargain bin with really cheap stuff, I got 4 dvd sets and 2 dvds for 65 bucks and they were all new.

And they have free shipping also ^,,^

I think you mean RightStuf.com not RightStuff.com and from what I have seen, they are ALWAYS more expensive then Amazon for everything I have ever looked up.

I think you mean RightStuf.com not RightStuff.com and from what I have seen, they are ALWAYS more expensive then Amazon for everything I have ever looked up.

Yeah yeah I messed up.

Beck DVD Box Set-$16.99

Blue Seed ThinPak DVD Box Set-$14.99

Cromartie High School DVD 2-$4.00

Cromartie High School DVD 3 Sailin' Fools-$4.00

Human Crossing DVD 1 The 25th Hour-$3.00

Human Crossing DVD 2 The Cicadas of Winter-$3.00

Human Crossing DVD 3 Message in White-$3.00

Human Crossing DVD 4 The Instructor's Rain-$3.00

Nerima Daikon Brothers DVD Complete Collection-$12.99

I thought that was cheap...maybe I'm wrong.

i some times go to "Shopanimedvd.com" and find some deals there.

Watch out about random Anime selling sites like that. Lots of them sell bootlegs. I suggest going to retail selling sites like RightStuf, Amazon, Bandai, etc.

I've heard bad things about the site you mentioned, so if you bought stuff from there, you might not have the real thing. You stuff just might be bootlegged.

• 2 months later...

this is a really good thread considering, in Australia the retail value of a single volume (on average, that I've seen anyway) is 30 bucks for a single volume, and 65 for a complete set of 4 discs, so when I went on amizon, I was really happy to see the cheap anime, but as luck would have it I lost my wallet... anyone know where it is???

HAHAHA

• 4 months later...

if you do what i do, you could get them for free.

1. Go to: http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=2523328

2. Sign-up/register

3. accumulate 20 or so points

(if you need help doing that try prize rebels guide, its really helpful).

4. pick out the dvd or blu-ray you want,from like amazon, ebay, or whatever site you want

5. go to prize rebel - hover your cusor over prize - click custom prize

6. specify the site you want the dvd from

7. enter the url of the page you found the dvd on

8. enter the points required to buy

(1 point = 1 US dollar)

9. enter your name, complete address, and phone #

10. enter any comments you have

11. lastly, click request prize and your done

(if you need help with the custom prize, try prize rebels guide, its was really helpfull when i first did this)

I do this all the time its easy and fast, try it, you will like it alot.

sorry for the long post

dude Australia has insane prices for anime, I order on amazon and buy bulk (if our dollars looking exceptionally good that day), though the shipping cost is rather expensive, due to the international shipping prices, but our dollar these days is looking slightly better than the US, so it's not so bad to order from the US anymore. BUT if you do buy from the US watch out for the region codes, they never really bothered me cos I got a region free DVD player, that plays everything regardless.

and holy crap, I've already posted on this thread, oh well doesn't matter that post was outdate anyway, I've found my wallet now... HAHAHAAHA!!!

If you don't mind subbed works there are some pretty decent online shops but also some pretty dodgy ones - in my experience some of them just sell fun-subbed work as their own or use the equivalent of google translator for the subtitles so in some cases if you pay $10 for a set you'll just get something pretty crappy quality.

I've bought things from playtechasia (has some pretty awesome deals, but not sure if they sell any English dubbed stuff, i've only bought subbed stuff that hasn't got an English release from them - Persona: Trinity Soul was about $30 for the full series) but most isn't dubbed), animecollector (also has some eng dubbed stuff but i can't vouch for quality of that as i haven't bought anything but japanese audio from them but quality of what i have bought has been fine) but really from Australia, Amazon is your best bet especially with the dollar still good!

Oh yeah i got burnt on region codes with a blue ray series I bought on Amazon...my PS3 doesn't like US movies...i should have paid more attention on my shopping spree lol oh well i have in on the pc so morally I win sinceI have paid for it :)