All of sudden my friends are hating on the old Funimation dub of DBZ

Guillermo31

I told them why though is it because dbz kai dub has a better script or is it they finally able to dub dbz kai Majin buu saga I'm like come on guys it was the reason why we like dragon ball z it was kinda feeling like watching batman and super man animated series but different feeling to it. If it wasn't the for the old dub we never would have dbz kai or db super in the future think about it

Edited by Guillermo31

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Although the script is accurate with the Kai dub, there was one major flaw that made Kai unbearable to hear, Colon Clinkersmeared (Colleen clinkenbeard) replaced the superior Stephanie Nadolny & good Lord her voice sounds horrible. I just couldn't sit through watching one episode of Kai without cringing. Not going to trash on anyone who likes that voice, but I can't stand it. 

Oh & Sabat & Schemmel are being cucked into tryhard appeasing a whiny fanbase by trying to imitate the japan voices. So pathetic.

Edited by Ih8heels

• 2 months later...

Look I still like the old Funimation dub of dbz I know it was crappy dub but that's what made us like dbz in the first place I miss bulma's old voice and I think old android 18 voice came back on dbz super or kai Majin Buu saga for some reason I'm starting kinda like frieza new voice cause the new voice actor who does the frieza voice said that he's inspiration comes from Linda young does the old Funimation frieza voice 

On 2/7/2017 at 5:45 PM, suprasaiyan said:

Although the ocean dub was awesome, imo the funimation dub + faulconer music is what made dbz such a global hit, your friends are probably ill informed

I wouldn't say "global". :) Over here in germany they used pretty good voice acting/actors for the dub while maintaining japanese score and accuracy when it comes to the dialogues. Although Funi offers a good dub they aren't really about to represent the characters to a fully degree. Especially when it comes to Goku. :)