Torrents have returned to KAT

i8v10

So torrents have finally returned to KAT as of this thread: https://katcr.co/community/index.php/topic,3191.new.html#new

So far the rules to uploading are as follows:

Uploaders are now allowed to post the Torrent Hash within their posted uploads, a Torrent Hash looks like this: 6EEA8B1ECACF41C08A16BC65F074AEB942F8FB73 which can be copied from the torrent page and pasted at a site like TheLocalBay to download the Torrent via the magnet link.

The even better link they are now allowed to post is the .torrent link, the code to post that is: 

Code: [Select]

[torrent] Torrent Name/Title  [/torrent]

I hope the news goes out to others on Kametsu.

22 minutes ago, DeathTheKid said:

I think I'll stick to private trackers. Got two copyright notices 30 minutes after I download some movies on Kat. Though I don't really care and neither does my seedbox provider.

same here, I only go to public when I'm hunting obscure sources for projects.

unrelated: did you just change your signature? I swear it was different in another thread like 20 seconds ago...

14 hours ago, Etzimal said:

Never liked KAT's anime community, honestly. Too many people thought those terrible miniHD groups were their saviors. :/ 

Yea, some of those groups were terrible (AnimeRG for an example) and a hell a lot of re encodes. Even a lot of bad movie groups were there (YTS Rips). Also I've seen some of those releases which aren't great.

There were of course some good releasers that weren't as well known (I wouldn't take UTR as a great example as they have some weird quality restrictions preventing anything higher than a CRF of 21 which I find outrageous). 

To say this in a single sentence, there isn't a whole lot of good or even decent anime encodes there.

Also you can't link to the site where it is located. You have to make a release thread and put a direct torrent download link which is inconvenient. No linking to like Nyaa or Tokyo Tosho. Which means you can't have any mirrors which is quite bad.

18 minutes ago, Etzimal said:

Let's be honest though, anything exclusively uploaded to KAT doesn't need mirroring. 99% is just content taken from other sites, with the uploaders "spin" on it. The only group on KAT that actually used it that didn't just re-encode or x-post was CBM, AFAIK.

CBM typically cross-posted to Nyaa though...

On 11/3/2016 at 7:47 AM, i509VCB said:

There were of course some good releasers that weren't as well known (I wouldn't take UTR as a great example as they have some weird quality restrictions preventing anything higher than a CRF of 21 which I find outrageous). 

Some members of UTR resurfaced on PrivateHD, and their group quality restrictions were amended to account for PHD's generally higher quality guidelines.

9 hours ago, shamil11 said:

Some members of UTR resurfaced on PrivateHD, and their group quality restrictions were amended to account for PHD's generally higher quality guidelines.

Yeah I know about that, I know someone in UTR (FK99) so I know about this behind the scenes UTR stuff. 

• 4 months later...
On 11/2/2016 at 0:51 PM, DeathTheKid said:

I think I'll stick to private trackers. Got two copyright notices 30 minutes after I download some movies on Kat. Though I don't really care and neither does my seedbox provider.

Did you download with a vpn on? I miss mine :(