• Kagewani: Shou
    • Kiznaiver
    • Kuromukuro
    • Mayoiga
    • My Hero Academia
    • Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-
    • Ushio to Tora (TV) S2

This poll is closed to new votes

You may vote for one and only one series that aired this last Spring season and is included in this poll that you think deserves to be Anime of Spring 2016.

You only get to vote once.

*Anime series are alphabetically ordered for this poll.

Voting ends July 23rd.

If your favorite isn't listed then it's your own fault. There was a nominations thread up for a while for everyone to nominate their favorite for this poll. The options here are what was nominated by everyone. We'll run a similar nomination and poll at the end of the Summer 2016 season so be sure to look for it.
  • Like 2

Definitely re:zero. I can't really fault its first cour. I thoroughly enjoyed each episode, and if you've watched it, I think we can all agree that that scene can go added to hall of best VA moments in anime history. Additionally, props are due for the animator that got the facial expressions to match Subaru's voice so well.

11 minutes ago, hagi said:

Hoping for a come behind victory for flying witch but that seems impossible as Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World is to far ahead. lol

The results of this poll was pretty much predicted before hand, because everything else was pretty bad over all as it was the weakest season we've had in years. I dropped like half of the shows I picked up. ReZERO was the only show from the season I'd rate higher than 5/10 to be honest. So it was pretty much guaranteed to blow away the competitors in the poll. Just look at the nomination thread where it got nominated the most by far... and has dominated polls for AotS at every community I visit that holds such a poll. ReZERO simply had 0 competition.

• Like 1

I wasn't even interested in even starting Re:Zero...but loved Kizaiver.  I was really disappointed when I saw that Asterisk War wasn't on the Spring chart....despite it ending recently. My favorite for the Summer is Shokugen no Soma.  :)

Edited by Alice

47 minutes ago, Alice said:

I wasn't even interested in even starting Re:Zero...but loved Kizaiver.  I was really disappointed when I saw that Asterisk War wasn't on the Spring chart....despite it ending recently. My favorite for the Summer is Shokugen no Soma.  :)

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season was on the Spring 2016 season. You could have nominated it.

Kiznaiver was so poorly executed and didn't know what it wanted to do with itself that I dropped it early on and rated it 3/10 based on the first 4 episodes (1/3 of the series).

Re:ZERO was apparently #1 in Japan as well.

English Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/07/05-1/japanese-fans-pick-their-top-10-splendid-spring-anime-for-2016

Original Source: http://animeanime.jp/article/2016/07/05/29330.html

*NOTE: The online poll ran from June 27 until July 3, 2016. Some 820 fans responded, with the demographics being split approximately evenly by gender. Respondents also skewed toward the young end of the spectrum, with teenage fans casting about 40% of the votes.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Koby said:

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season was on the Spring 2016 season. You could have nominated it.

Kiznaiver was so poorly executed and didn't know what it wanted to do with itself that I dropped it early on and rated it 3/10 based on the first 4 episodes (1/3 of the series).

Re:ZERO was apparently #1 in Japan as well.

English Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/07/05-1/japanese-fans-pick-their-top-10-splendid-spring-anime-for-2016

Original Source: http://animeanime.jp/article/2016/07/05/29330.html

*NOTE: The online poll ran from June 27 until July 3, 2016. Some 820 fans responded, with the demographics being split approximately evenly by gender. Respondents also skewed toward the young end of the spectrum, with teenage fans casting about 40% of the votes.

I didn't see it so I didn't mention it.  Otherwise I would have easily picked that one over Kiznaiver.

• Koby unfeatured this topic