Summer 2016 Anime Season

Koby

Just now, Koby said:

The 9th is Nanatsu (Seven Deadly Sins) which is just going to air 4 episodes in the last month of the season.

Yeah, I totally have plans to watch that when it comes out!! Also, I would love to wtach the original series in dubbed format and that is why I wait for Mr. Kimiko's release. He said that he started working on it and that he's almost done with episode 1. But, I'm having some serious thought on which of his 4 versions to choose: a) h.264 10-bit 720p, b) h.264 10-bit 1080p, c) h.265 8-bit 720p or d) h.265 10-bit 1080p.

1 minute ago, Imagine Breaker said:

Yeah, I totally have plans to watch that when it comes out!! Also, I would love to wtach the original series in dubbed format and that is why I wait for Mr. Kimiko's release. He said that he started working on it and that he's almost done with episode 1. But, I'm having some serious thought on which of his 4 versions to choose: a) h.264 10-bit 720p, b) h.264 10-bit 1080p, c) h.265 8-bit 720p or d) h.265 10-bit 1080p.

Rather off topic but he said these were his sources and versions he was doing:

Koten Gars [BD][Hi8_h.265][720p][AC3+FLAC]

YYDM-11FANS [BD][Hi10_h.264][720p][AC3+FLAC]

Akatomba-Raws [BD][Hi10_h.264][1080p][AC3+FLAC]

VCB-Studio [BD][Hi10_h.265][1080p][AC3+FLAC]

I'm still adamantly against h265 myself for quality concerns and YYDM-11FANS from the comparisons I've done of other encodes they've done, seem to have some severe detail loss to the point that even VCB-Studios HEVC release would be better if they used a decent CRF. VCB-S is usually really good at encoding, but for example on Akame ga Kill they used a retarded CRF25 which of course made it have issues. So imo the only real choice is the Akatomba-Raws out of those options. I'm still holding out hope that Solraro isn't dead and will complete the show though, but it's looking really unlikely. Would be nice to see someone utilize their OP/ED at least with Chyuu's dialogue and typesets.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, for Danganronpa 3, Merchant is the way to go right? It's either them or HorribleSubs, and apparently FUNI fucked up the video so I'm leaning towards Merchant. I'm pretty sure Leopard is the best quality, but it's not really worth the effort to fix the subs and possibly spoil myself fixing them for a rather slight increase in quality.

4 hours ago, PDoggy77 said:

So, for Danganronpa 3, Merchant is the way to go right? It's either them or HorribleSubs, and apparently FUNI fucked up the video so I'm leaning towards Merchant. I'm pretty sure Leopard is the best quality, but it's not really worth the effort to fix the subs and possibly spoil myself fixing them for a rather slight increase in quality.

FUNi didn't, HS did. Whatever HS keeps doing to ALL their FUNi rips fucks up the fps. \o/ My own FUNi rips of the same episodes do not have the issue so it's confirmed to be an issue caused by HS.

As for Merchant vs. FUNi, depends on which is more important: video quality or soft-subs? Cause FUNi video is usually higher quality than Crunchyroll or HDTV but it's hardsubbed. While Merchant is softsubbed, it's very basic OCR without any edits applied and only some basic typesetting.

22 minutes ago, Koby said:

FUNi didn't, HS did. Whatever HS keeps doing to ALL their FUNi rips fucks up the fps. \o/ My own FUNi rips of the same episodes do not have the issue so it's confirmed to be an issue caused by HS.

As for Merchant vs. FUNi, depends on which is more important: video quality or soft-subs? Cause FUNi video is usually higher quality than Crunchyroll or HDTV but it's hardsubbed. While Merchant is softsubbed, it's very basic OCR without any edits applied and only some basic typesetting.

I checked the MediaInfo of both the HS release and an untouched FUNi rip of one of the episodes, and it seems that HS is being retarded and forcing all their releases to constant 23.976fps, regardless of if the stream is actually 23.976fps or not. I'll probably make my own release for archival purposes until the BD comes out. Pretty sure I've figured out a good alternative for video until then, not sure if it'll pan out though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Koby unpinned this topic