Media Player.NET: Great Media Player for Anime!

mlauzon

I don't know if this is the right part of the forum to post this, but I saw this media player posted on another forum, decided to download & install it.  It seems better than VLC, KMPlayer, and PotPlayer for playing 10-bit anime encodes.  It does have a few problems, but it's in constant development.

The current version of MPDN is 2.46.0 and the current version of MPDN Extensions is 1.26.1.

There is an x86 (32-bit) version of the player, as well as an x64 (64-bit).

You can get it at the following site, and if you have any issues, post them to the forum there:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=171120

I have never used MPC, so obviously I am not going to list something I have never used.  And what the hell is KCP..?!

MPDN plays 8-, 10-, and 16-bit natively.  Also you can choose what Presentation API for the renderer you want to use: Direct3D 9Ex, 10.1, or 11.

Edited by mlauzon

19 minutes ago, mlauzon said:

I have never used MPC, so obviously I am not going to list something I have never used.  And what the hell is KCP..?!

MPDN plays 8-, 10-, and 16-bit natively.  Also you can choose what Presentation API for the renderer you want to use: Direct3D 9Ex, 10.1, or 11.

Well it's hard to convince people to switch when you're talking about VLC which is one of the worst players ever; yet leaving out any literation of MPC which has been the staple best for any pack for a good 7+ years.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, mlauzon said:

I'll say it again:

I have never used MPC, so obviously I am not going to list something I have never used. 

You completely missed the point I made. It's not about whether you've used a product or not. It's about your comparison not meaning anything.

It's nice that you want to share a new product; but comparing it only to the worst product does nothing to say anything about how good or bad it is. To convince  people it's actually worth something requires comparing to the option considered best (but then that too would have required actual lossless screenshots to judge rendering comparisons, but most video players tend to utilize the same behind the scenes software such as those various 'packs' that utilize MPC: KCP, CCCP, KLITE, etc).

That's like a brand new fansub group showing up, and someone asking if they're any good and someone replying 'they're better than Hadena/SubDesu'. The comparison in that case is pretty m00t since the product being compared is known to be bad anyways.

Anyhow thanks for sharing. I'll take a look at it and give the doom9 thread a read when I get a moment.

• Like 3