What is the worst dubbing of a show that made you laugh

Pacific85

On 22/12/2015 at 2:34 PM, Etzimal said:

I've never seen a dub so bad that it made me laugh...

I have, however, watched a dub so terrible it forced me to switch to the subbed version of the show. (Familiar of Zero)

I actually didn't mind the dub for this lol, of course the sub is better but you get 3 more seasons of sub to enjoy so i just watched the dub for the first season. (thought Louise's voice was good)

Basically, I enjoyed dubs for older anime releases in NA, such as Clannad, CardCaptor Sakura (Hate the ppl who tried to edit down to 30-somethin episodes.), and FMA. But when it comes to newer anime...god who the hell are the CVs nowadays. I watched angel beats in both dub and sub, and both are pretty good. Anything newer than 2011-2012 and the english dubs just some off, horrible, or the translator just can't do his job. I wonder what would happen if the english CV would read from fansub translation instead, and put more emphasis. Maybe then I'll go back and watch dubs again.

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2016 at 6:50 PM, Vamp Queen Lynn said:

I haven't watched this, i came across it, listen to the black dude! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtzlKJ1dObU

Sounds like a fucking Canadian xD

Holy crap!! XDD I always saw that video pop up in my reccomendations, but never clicked it. Oh my god his voice sounds like those old voice actors in the 1987 TMNT cartoon.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned that Ghost Stories dub. I don't watch the show, but I found it after seeing others talk about it on tumblr. xD It's more like a parody than a serious dub.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2016 at 0:21 AM, SonicShadows said:

The "Big Green" dub of the Dragonball Z movies comes to mind here. I can't help but wonder if I would have accepted that dub when I was younger. It sure would have made growing up with DBZ a bit different.

Oh my god yes, I completely forgot about that dub!!! Man was that bad LOL.