How can MPC play files with WMV3/WMV9 codec?

iBreaker

I downloaded ANF's release of Slam Dunk and the first 49 episodes play normally with MPC (Media Player Classic) as their codec is XviD, but episodes 50-101 don't cause their codec is WMV3/WMV9. When I try to open a file with MPC the audio and video are completely out of synch continously from the start of the episode till the end. The video images move for around 1 second then stop and they do the same thing all over again.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=group&gid=3822&aid=590

So is there any possible way to play them with MPC? I would appreciate it if you could do a testing to see what I mean. Any help or suggestion would be life-saving. I want to avoid other players like VLC as I definitely want to watch them with MPC.

Thank you for your time! :)

Edited by Imagine Breaker

I downloaded ANF's release of Slam Dunk and the first 49 episodes play normally with MPC (Media Player Classic) as their codec is XviD, but episodes 50-101 don't cause their codec is WMV3/WMV9. When I try to open a file with MPC the audio and video are completely out of synch continously from the start of the episode till the end. The video images move for around 1 second then stop and they do the same thing all over again.

So is there any possible way to play them with MPC? I would appreciate it if you could do a testing to see what I mean. Any help or suggestion would be life-saving. I want to avoid other players like VLC as I definitely want to watch them with MPC.

With madvr?

Try disable DXVA. (First open MPC-HC without opening a video or music, then click: View-> Options-> Internal Filters-> right click the column on the right and click 'Disable DXVA filters')

If that doesn't work try:

try to disable FFMpeg at the same menu

• Like 1

I downloaded ANF's release of Slam Dunk and the first 49 episodes play normally with MPC (Media Player Classic) as their codec is XviD, but episodes 50-101 don't cause their codec is WMV3/WMV9. When I try to open a file with MPC the audio and video are completely out of synch continously from the start of the episode till the end. The video images move for around 1 second then stop and they do the same thing all over again.

With madvr?

Try disable DXVA. (First open MPC-HC without opening a video or music, then click: View-> Options-> Internal Filters-> right click the column on the right and click 'Disable DXVA filters')

If that doesn't work try:

try to disable FFMpeg at the same menu

When you say "right column" do you mean the one that says "Transform Filters" and has the followin list of filters:

MPEG-2 Video

H264/AVC

HEVC

VC1

v210/v410

OK. Here's what I suggest you do to make your life easy. Download and run kawaii codec pack. Install it to a specific location so you can delete if you don't want it. Is installs mpchc with madvr, xysub and lav filters. Wheb installing pick mid low tier and after install try a big.

I'm surprised you don't have madvr with mpchc

• Like 1

I can play WMV9 videos in MPC-HC through CCCP. The thing is, WMV9 etc is a Windows Media Player codec which is copyright and not legally allowed in other packs... so I believe it plays using the codecs found in WMP which comes with any Windows install. I bet there is a codec pack out there that has it, but I doubt CCCP does, but if you have WMP then it should play fine in MPC-HC.

• Like 3

Yeah, try the CCCP Koby also uses if you don't have it. Also, try it on your regular windows media player.

Those codecs might come bundled in with Windows Movie Maker since it works with those files. Check Microsoft's website for a free download of it, and if it does, it should get installed with it I would think. (This is a longshot, but could be a solution)

You can also as a last resort, direct stream the video and resave it as as the same format and see if it works, or re-encode it with another codec.

I guess you can also look for another download of it or buy it if available. Not many other options I can think of right this second since I'm short on time.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, Kawaii codec pack didn't solve the problem, but CCCP did!! :) :)

The video plays perfectly fine now that I installed CCCP!! :)

Thanks for all the help guys!! ^_^ ^_^

Sweeeeet. Lessons learned. You should label the title with [sOLVED]. Also add the tags associated with he question, like "mpc" "wmv" "wmv3" "wmv9" name of the encoders and file type maybe even "cccp" [emoji6]
  • Like 1

OK! Small problem. I installed CCCP and it doesn't play/display the PGS subs of my files. Any idea how can I display the PGS subs on my files with CCCP??

CCCP by default works with PGS, the issue is the retarded encoders who use PGS fail to resize them after resizing the video. I'm assuming you're trying to play 720p video with PGS that is still being rendered at 1080p. You'll have to demux the PGS and edit, or switch the subtitle renderer to a different one that plays them at video res and ignores the PGS res setting.

• Like 2

OK! Small problem. I installed CCCP and it doesn't play/display the PGS subs of my files. Any idea how can I display the PGS subs on my files with CCCP??

CCCP by default works with PGS, the issue is the retarded encoders who use PGS fail to resize them after resizing the video. I'm assuming you're trying to play 720p video with PGS that is still being rendered at 1080p. You'll have to demux the PGS and edit, or switch the subtitle renderer to a different one that plays them at video res and ignores the PGS res setting.

I currently only have tlacatlc6's release of FT (576p) and that's what I want to watch.

Edited by Imagine Breaker

I currently only have tlacatlc6's release of FT and that's what I want to watch.

Yeah well that's 576p video trying to render 1080p PGS. He failed to resize them so they're being rendered outside of the video frame.

• Like 2