Comet Lucifer

Koby

Comet Lucifer
vqhzt9h.png
MAL

Synopsis
Gift, a world covered in glittering blue crystals called gifdium. Sougo Amagi is a boy who lives in the town of Garden Indigo, which has prospered from the mining of these crystals. Sougo, whose hobby is collecting rare crystals, one day becomes involved in a dispute between classmates Kaon, Roman, and Otto. He wanders deep into the ruins of a mine and discovers an underground lake. There, Sougo meets a mysterious girl with blue hair and red eyes. Who is this girl, and what will their meeting bring? The door to an adventure opens with their newly formed bond.

Cast
Sougo Amagi: Yuusuke Kobayashi (Arslan Senki (TV))
Felia: Ayaka Ohashi (The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls)
Kaon Lanchester: Rie Takahashi (Shirobako)
Roman Valov: Takuma Terashima (Log Horizon)
Otto Motou: Ayaka Suwa (Grisaia no Kajitsu)
Mo Litica Tzetzes Ura: Inori Minase (Gakkou Gurashi)

Staff
Director: Yasuhito Kikuchi (IS: Infinite Stratos)
Original Plan, Script, Series Composition: Yuuichi Nomura (Eureka Seven)
Series Director: Atsushi Nakayama (Absolute Duo)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Yuuichi Takahashi (Gatchaman Crowds)
Mechanical Design: Takayuki Yanase
Music: Tatsuya Kato (Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon)
Studio: 8bit

Music video of image song "Story of Lucifer" by TRUE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P57C-Io44dA

• Like 3

Animation and story look pretty promising so I don't see a reason to not give it a shot. Thanks for the notice Koby! ;)

I found it kind of funny the synopsis mentions she has red eyes and blue hair, but to me her hair looks purple.

I like it when something is 'anime original'. It means they don't have to wait for the source to finish, nothing is filler, pacing doesn't have to suffer, and no one can spoil things as everyone knows nothing along the ride.

• Like 3

Animation and story look pretty promising so I don't see a reason to not give it a shot. Thanks for the notice Koby! ;)

I found it kind of funny the synopsis mentions she has red eyes and blue hair, but to me her hair looks purple.

I like it when something is 'anime original'. It means they don't have to wait for the source to finish, nothing is filler, pacing doesn't have to suffer, and no one can spoil things as everyone knows nothing along the ride.

That is so true!!! ^_^ The first 'anime original' series I saw was NGE and I haven't been disappointed since! ;)

• 2 months later...

Episode 2 still in the introduction theme of things. We learn the girls name is Feila and she's obviously got some kind of power. We learn that MC-kun has somehow obtained a crest, and we learn of Moura who is a worm like creature that also happens to transform into the mecha that saved them. The army is apparently up to no good and Do Mon doesn't trust them.

There is also another planet, which makes it seem like Feila is likely alien to this world. Feila is learning to speak so she likely was crystalized pretty early on and has no real experience of this world since coming here. Other than that, it's still pretty much generic intro into the show and the only real thing going for this show is the artwork at this point still.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

it also took them to long to agnoage that she has teliciness

teliciness? wth? do you mean telekinesis?

I've only watched the first episode so far.

Edit: I also think you meant acknowledge. Are you posting with Tapatalk on no sleep? :)

Edited by Pollux

it also took them to long to agnoage that she has teliciness

teliciness? wth? do you mean telekinesis?

I've only watched the first episode so far.

Edit: I also think you meant acknowledge. Are you posting with Tapatalk on no sleep? :)

no but i cant spell and sometimes its so bad that spell check cant help me

but yes both your corrections are right

Edited by Pikanet128
  • Like 1

no but i cant spell and sometimes its so bad that spell check cant help me

but yes both your corrections are right

Hehe. Spell Check has epic failures with me too. :)

Edit: Especially if I am using Windows voice recognition and using it to talk on skype.

Edited by Pollux

• 3 weeks later...

So I gave this show four episodes, but it's just not going anywhere or doing it for me. Another one added to my dropped list.

Sogo stumbles upon the Fela unconscious and encased in crystal and then immediately gets attacked by robots from some kind of organization. He manages to escape with Fela however due to obtaining the ability to summon a giant mecha-like creature. So what happens next? Well normally, the protagonist would find out who this girl is, what the organization wants with her, and what they should do. But no, not here, Sogo's family decides to adopt her without asking any questions, nor do they bother to follow up on the organization who attempted to murder them. And that's it, they just move on with life as per normal, going on outings, having parties, absolutely no fucks given.

The villains are weird as well, they behave like psychopathic rapists. They attack the characters without any set up, out of nowhere. Furthermore, we have absolutely no idea what motives they have and what on earth do they want. They want the girl yes, but for what? Use her as a battery to power the world? Or do they want to protect her? What the hell is going on?

It's not the end of the anime yet, so I'm not expecting ALL the answers to be given, but we AT LEAST NEED some sort of set up to get the plot going. Four episodes in and we have absolutely no clue what anyone is fighting for. All we get is slice of life stuff in a cafe/bar type setting; gossiping about random stuff, not a care in the world.

• Like 1