Corrupted Hard Drive

Zero93644

Recently my desktop hard drive crashed and got corrupted now it no longer boots up and I get the error no bootable device detected. The error code is 2000:0142. Anyways I am trying to figure out a way to retrieve and transfer the data to my WD external hard drive. Does anyone know of any software that will get the job done? Because my computer no longer boots up it has to work using a bootable disc. At the very least maybe some sort of program that will allow me see whats on the drive so I know what I will need to replace. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Edited by Zero93644

Easiest way is just plug it in on a working computer as a slave or via usb. Hopefully the working computers os can pick it up and get access via that way.

If not I usually utilize Hiren's BootCD with the numerous tools it has to see what the health of the HD is and check if I can get into it that way.

Mechanical device wear out. So if it's dead mechanically then u gotta fix the parts.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

I really don't think it's a good idea to open a hard drive unless you know what you're doing. If it's dead it's dead, should've known better to backup since going to a data recovery place would cost quite a bit of money, compared to backup solutions.

• Like 1

Mechanical device wear out. So if it's dead mechanically then u gotta fix the parts.

I really don't think it's a good idea to open a hard drive unless you know what you're doing. If it's dead it's dead, should've known better to backup since going to a data recovery place would cost quite a bit of money, compared to backup solutions.
True. Very true. I guess I should have explained myself. Since everybody else explained backing up with software and my personal solution of using another computer the read the data off of it, I just added to it by suggesting that if all else fails then u got a dead hardrive that can't be more dead if you were to open it up and trying to fix the parts yourself. I mean, you can't be more dead than dead right. OP gots nothing to lose at that point.

It applies to everything, really. Without proper inspection and documentation of steps taken, anything could be happening.

Word my brotha, word.