Help With Computer - "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

EddieRanger

This mumbo jumbo is known as a Blue Screen of Death, or if you want to get fancy, BSOD for short. 

Iirc, this happend to my system after I updated my graphic card drivers. Note that in the link that Blitz posted, Microsoft say "...or dirver..." meaning that it might not be the driver at all, and if it is, then it could be ANY driver on your system. Have you updated anything recently? (Sound? graphics card? chipset? etc etc) 

It could also be a RAM issue, but I would test this last. This is more software related than anything. 

How about someone ask for the dump files? So we can analyse it?? No?

I willing to analyse your dump file for you, since I do have free time now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/92394-sf-diagnostic-tool-using-troubleshooting.html

Install that tool, do grab all, zip the output folder up and upload it to a reasonable hosting site i.e. dropbox.

My computer does automatic updates sometimes. I don't know exactly what was updated. This has happened a few times the last few months, but it seems like this month it's happening more. It did it twice today in the span of an hour.

Not sure what OS you are using, but several of the updates Microsoft pre-maturely pushed out this year have been reported to cause the BSOD problem.  Microsoft had reccommended for users to delete the problemaic updates, however the reaplacements were supposed to fix the problem as well.  I think it primarily for windows 7 and 8 users.  I dont rememer the updates numbers of hand, but you might want to google it.

Could also be related to new hardware, software, drivers, cpu voltage, etc.

You should really think hard about ANY changes you made to your computer right before the problem first started.

As Angel of Darkness or ZeroPenguins (Didn't realize you changed names) said, if its possible for you to upload a copy of the dump files, so I can have a look at it to see if i can identify anything that may be causing your system to give you the BSOD. If you can't upload the dump files do as MoodKiller suggests and check the Event Viewer.  

if you can't do either of two those things, then i suggest that you sit down and retrace your steps in relation to any changes that you may have intentionally or unintentionally made to the system, this can range from anything such as UN-installing a program or completely replacing a hardware component. If you can create a list of these changes and can post it here it may help others to better aid you in solving your problem.  

If all else fails i suggest if you have recovery discs you should use it or either do a system repair/re-install as a last resort. 

Not many people here have that kind of skill...

My next suggestion was going to be to check Event Viewer, but dump files will work instead.

I don't know if you were joking or not, but you do realise that you suggested everyone here is an idiot? If you bothered to do some research you might realise I wasn't bullshitting. In fact Microsoft was nice enough to write a blog post about it, not that many people even bothered to check...

http://blogs.technet.com/b/juanand/archive/2011/03/20/analyzing-a-crash-dump-aka-bsod.aspx

Analysing a BSOD dump doesn't require any skills. All the skills you need are; installing a program from Microsoft, opening the program, opening your dump file and running a few commands. If you can't do that then. you don't have any common sense to know how to use an app.

• Like 1

Not many people here have that kind of skill...

My next suggestion was going to be to check Event Viewer, but dump files will work instead.

I don't know if you were joking or not, but you do realise that you suggested everyone here is an idiot?

Alright a clarification:

1) Thats not what I was implying, skill might have been the wrong word, incentive might have been better. 

If you bothered to do some research you might realise I wasn't bullshitting. In fact Microsoft was nice enough to write a blog post about it, not that many people even bothered to check...

http://blogs.technet.com/b/juanand/archive/2011/03/20/analyzing-a-crash-dump-aka-bsod.aspx

Analysing a BSOD dump doesn't require any skills. All the skills you need are; installing a program from Microsoft, opening the program, opening your dump file and running a few commands. If you can't do that then. you don't have any common sense to know how to use an app.

I didn't bother because I knew you weren't bullshitting. I guess I narrowed it down to "skill" because when one opens that dumpfile.txt, its probably the first thing they think is required to understand what's going on. 

The fact that this is also an Anime forum as opposed to, say Seven Forums, should stand for something. 

In the end, if the OP is fine with opening dump files and analysing them/sending them your/others way for analysation ~ then great! One way to solve the problem 

• Like 1

The fact that this is also an Anime forum as opposed to, say Seven Forums, should stand for something. 

Nailed it! been saying that for awhile. when someone asks a question assume that they need gentle help from fellow anime lovers. If your suggesting they do something on their own then before telling them to do it just put a quick tutorial. That show button will only be pressed by someone who doesn't know how and anyone who would be "offended" wont press the button.

Edited by professa X

Alright a clarification:

1) Thats not what I was implying, skill might have been the wrong word, incentive might have been better. 

I didn't bother because I knew you weren't bullshitting. I guess I narrowed it down to "skill" because when one opens that dumpfile.txt, its probably the first thing they think is required to understand what's going on. 

In the end, if the OP is fine with opening dump files and analysing them/sending them your/others way for analysation ~ then great! One way to solve the problem 

If we go by that logic, then you should've had said don't bother posting your tech issues here. If you guys don't have the know-how to help someone out, don't you think it's better to suggest someone or somewhere where people know what they are talking about? I wouldn't be so happy, if someone told me to troubleshoot my hardware, when it could've been a software issue. That's just waste of time! Being nice and being helpful are two different things. You see in the IT world, we go by this motto: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", which also implies as "You break it, it's your fault", so I hope in the future you guys do some research before asking people to do things like roll back drivers or uninstalling them, since it be your responsibility for making things even worse.

P.S. a dump file is not in text format, did you really read that blog post? You could learn a thing or two and possibly help other people. These type of knowledge isn't a bad thing to learn.

If we go by that logic, then you should've had said don't bother posting your tech issues here. 

I was going by the fact that you, indirectly implied that everyone should be able to read and understand dump files. I will leave this in your more knowledgeable hands. As I mentioned just now, when you said "How about someone ask for the dump files? So we can analyse it?? No?" It sounded like everyone here, besides the OP, should be able to do this. I for one, as you have gathered, didn't know how to do this until you posted those links. So I apologize. I provided help based on a personal experience I had with the same issue as the OP.

You see in the IT world, we go by this motto: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", which also implies as "You break it, it's your fault"

I think it should also be noted that not everyone who uses computers are as knowledgeable as say you for example. Thats why you/ me/ IT support people are around, to help those who break it, fix it.

PS. a dump file is not in text format, did you really read that blog post?

Yup I did, mistyped on that part (the command window of WinDbg looked like a text editor's output)