After-life? (for college research)

Plo Addonnas

What do you think happens after death?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think happens after death?

• Heaven or hell
    • Just heaven
    • Just hell
    • instant reincarnation
    • nothing, you don't exist anymore
    • valhalla
    • i don't know

Reincarnation is fine.

well if its like south park the devil was kicked out of heaven for being a cry baby haha and made hell

I've developed a distaste with south park it's more on the lines of ridiculous humor then it is funny. Debating with south park quotes is like debating with a tree. I wouldn't think Heaven & Hell is like south park. Developing a belief in in a religion that easily because it's like a show will only make you gullible. Do research on Heaven & Hell. And Heaven & Hell is nothing like south park.

Satan isn't totally kicked out of Heaven he and his demons still have access to enter heaven at anytime. He wasn't kicked out for being a cry baby either. There are many views on why he was kicked out. One of the views I researched on was that Lucifer (at the time) didn't want to bow down to God's creation the humans, because he thought humans were inferior to Angels, and didn't want to bow down to them. and everything was only to bow down to God only, for God commanded it so...

I don't believe either way--whether there is or isn't, I haven't faith.

However, I do have a preference for reincarnation--recycling essences* and so on indefinitely, because it just sounds better than simply having essences collect into some unearthly place for all of eternity. It also makes more sense to me, but what do I know. Heaven/Hell must be infinitely large to just be collecting all essences over all the past years. Maybe all essences are compacted into one entity. Maybe it doesn't matter how much room there is because essences are intangible and don't mind overlapping. Maybe it's infinitely small because of that. Who knows. I'll find out when I'm dead.

*souls, spirits, whatever.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Disciple

I put reincanation, but I think there might be something after death. Death is just the end of a living organism, not life's purpose in total. Life after death might be true, but maybe in a dream state perhaps? I have no clue.

i mean, even though all bodily functions and all your internal organs are basically dead, maybe something in your mind is still ticking. Maybe you're reliving your death over and over again. Who knows though...

I'll stick with reincarnation.

• 3 weeks later...

This has always been something I wonder to myself deeply about, on one hand.. I do believe in god but I don't believe in denominations(aka baptist, methodist, ect). I believe you create your own personal hell and/or your own personal heaven.

I believe in god and the afterlife but its very mixed, pre-exposer to religion in my younger years can make things cloudy until I got old enough to know better and really have a thinking process for myself, I always thought I did but thinking becomes more and more defined the older I get. I believe in God/afterlife but not the way most people do.

• 2 months later...

I'll be completely honest. I think the whole thing is a lie. Its just something used to comfort people before death to ease the occasion. And if heaven or hell do exist then its a state of mind, and not a place for refuged souls. Heaven or hell are based on the emotion you feel the moment you die. That emotion is imortalised in your mind and as it is your final thought, it will be your only thought. Of coarse it was also believed that the use of coffins would confine a spirit in place forcing purgatory. Thus ghosts become present. But later that was forggotten and it is now thought to be a personal space for the dead. To be honest it is better than just tossing them in a pile. But the best way to release the dead is by pyre-funeral. Cremation causes for no vassel to contain a spirit and no coffin-cage to hold it in either. No place to stay so might as well go.

...I rambled didn't I?