SOTW #159: Resonance of Fate [Closed!]

Apollo

mv77.png

SIGNATURE OF THE WEEK #159

Theme: Resonance of Fate

RULES:

• All entries are to be submitted by Friday, August 22nd.
  • Your entry must be related to the chosen theme.
  • Only one entry per participant. However, you may edit your entry until the deadline.
  • Signatures must be your own work.
  • Entries can be in GIF, JPG, JPEG or PNG format, and should be no larger than 600x220 pixels. Animated signatures are allowed.
  • Pre-made signatures are allowed, as long as they have not been used in a past Kametsu competition.
  • In addition to your entry, please also submit a theme idea for next week's competition. Please check the SOTW Themes thread to make sure your theme has not already been used.
  • Please read all Graphical Division Rules and Forum Rules before entering. All rules apply.
Edited by Apollo

VOTING

RULES:

• All votes are to be submitted by Sunday, August 24th.
  • To vote, reply to this thread, listing your top three signatures IN ORDER. First place gets three points, second gets two points, third gets one point; the person with the most points wins.
  • Along with your vote, you may say why you picked the signatures you picked, and/or leave constructive criticism for any entry you wish. Do not feel that you have to, but you may if you want.
  • Keep in mind the theme and the connection between the theme and the signature. Please do not vote for the render/image, but for the OVERALL signature you think looks best.
  • Avoid favoritism.
  • You may not vote for yourself.

EXAMPLE:

Sally - Fit the theme the best.
Bob - Text could have been better.
Anna - Render placement was a little off.

ENTRIES:

dn_angel000

30aqblf.jpg

Tsukumo Yuma

zMArpTE.gif

ParasiteEve

tumblr_naixxstcOO1rcxwm9o1_500.png

Kouhai

cgULiSn.png?1?4099

Aphrodite

Orj24K.jpg

Edited by Apollo

idk if I should go for this week's SOTW. Or if I should sit this one out lol. I feel like I should sit it out and give others a chance =P

Here's mine

zMArpTE.gif

Theme: Tokusatsu

Not to be mean or anything, but adding in the animated border kinda kills the tag itself. Like it'd be a bit better if you left out any form of animation, and rather spend more time working on the tag itself. Try working with more effects and such. Bring more life and flow to your tag. Adding an animated part to a tag can be nice at times, but in this case. It kinda kills the flow. 

Edited by KrimsonKarasu
  • Like 3

Awesome signatures Aphrodite, dnangel and Yuma!!!

it's gonna be tough to vote but everyone will do their best with their skills

Karasu is right with an animated border will look so much better instead a movie film one but overall looks good.

-----------------------------------------

I think its look great for what it is Aphorodite maybe the theme was gunkata ballet style or something but it looks great to me.

Edit: After I moved the side discussion to a separate thread, it put two of Kenzou's posts back-to-back, so I merged them. -Apollo

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 2

Yeah, the film was kind of last minute, I was having trouble thinking of a border besides a simble black bar, so I went with film like an action film reel, then I thought it was still plain, and needed movment or something.

I might work on that later, it still seems like it is missing something.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

I actually like the film border myself, though it's choppy. But I might just be a sucker for .gif's.

Hopefully I can muster something up tonight, haha. PHOTOSHOP HERE I COME!

*Got through this quicker than I thought. :x

cgULiSn.png?1?4099
Theme: PlayStation games

idk if I should go for this week's SOTW. Or if I should sit this one out lol. I feel like I should sit it out and give others a chance =P

Haha. You should just join in. It's a lot less about winning and a lot more about fun + self improvement.

*Added Entry

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heh. Guess I'll insert a cheesey statement about how I like the gfx section the best. I feel you get the most constructive c&c here, and people post more genuine opinions in each others threads. (less wishy-washy stuff). But everyone is overall a joy to get along with. I don't think there's any malice between anyone here.

In other news, this is probably the best work I've made in the past few months. +rep to myself. Also, this week's SOTW made me bust out my PS3 and play some Resonance of Fate, LOL. :x I forgot how hard it is.

Edit: After I moved the side discussion to a separate thread, I saw that two of Kouhai's posts ended up back-to-back, so I merged them. -Apollo

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 4

I have moved the whole side discussion to a separate thread. I did not delete it because I still feel like the discussion is important. I do apologize that it looked like I was attacking Aphrodite. That was never my intention. This has been an issue and something that has irked me long before Aphrodite was even a member. I guess I finally had enough and snapped, because I have had my themes bashed so many times over the years, and I guess I saw so many examples of exactly what irked me all in one thread. But the whole thing blew up way more than it should have. And looking back, I realize I was way too harsh about it. There were definitely better ways for me to bring it up, and better ways for me to word everything, but I still felt it was a discussion that needed to be had. Other people and I have been talking about this for a while, and I guess it finally fell upon me to bring it up when I saw the best examples of it all in one thread. So maybe I had to be the bad guy, but I have shared my views on the subject and I hope we can now move forward in this thread with just the contest in mind.

Again, I'm sorry about sounding so harsh. I'm really not such a terrible person. Haha.

Edited by Apollo