Xbox One will soon support MKV video playback

StaticX

MKV should have been available from the very start. Don't call it the "all in one entertainment system" if it's not actually all in one, it just makes you look stupid.

Yeah, and I wish PS4 actually had Games AND Video file support, all I hear is bitching and Whining about the Xbox One, yet PS4 has hardly any games without having to resort to 3rd party Software to make sales. -_-

Why are you trying to turn this into a PS4 v Xbox One argument ? I'm not one of these fanboys that are for one console and against the other and bringing up that old PS4 has no games thing is just stupid. Of course it has games, just look at the wikipedia list and you will see that there are currently 100 games on the system.

I'm a major Sony fan, but those 100 games are mostly third-party titles, multi-platform games, and indies etc.

What Phaz0n wants are more "first-party" games (major AAA games created/published by Sony themselves) and PS4 AAA exclusives (games only available on PS4).

Let's be honest though, if people are going to say that about the PS4 then i could just as easily say the same about the Xbox One, The Xbox One only has 6 more exclusive games than the PS4.

They are both fine consoles, i don't see why all this fanboy crap happens to be honest.

For Fucks sake, I am not a fucking Fanboy!!

I'd rather a PS4, but there's nothing that interests me on PS4 atm, Xbox One has Halo 1-4 and 5 coming out soon, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV are going to Be on Xbox One along with other PC ports

What I fucking hate is people acting high and mighty, for example, the Apple/Android Fanboyism. You have Android Fanboys ridiculing Apple users and Calling them iSheep and Claiming they buy anything new and shiny from Apple, yet, Android fans are Contradicting themselves when a new Galaxy S mini 4 duos ect.. phone comes out, they go apeshit and yell out "Shut up and take my money!" and won't accept the fact that they are doing EXACTLY what they say Apple users do :/

My thoughts exactly on gaming not being the same after the PS2 era. since this topic is about MKV support though I will leave it at that.

I will say this though, if someone uses it to do something they don't like (don't know what) they will most likely remove it in an update.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to contribute the ps3 could pretty much play most codecs and containers if you had one that is jailbroken, the only problem is because of the age of the hardware 10 bit anime mostly didn't work and videos with a profile higher than 4.2 didn't either, i cant see sony supporting mkv as they seem to reluclant to even support mp3 atm which is understandable considering they want to push music unlimited (subscription based music streaming service).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...