Is it double-posting...

usotsuki

Let's say I linked, as my last reply to a thread, X episode of a show, and I'm about ready to release episode X+1, and no one's replied to the thread since.  (Said show airs M-F, so this is quite likely to happen.)  This was not a thread I started, but with the original encoder apparently out of commission, I uploaded the last 2 episodes myself.

Should I edit my post to add the new episode, or can I bump the thread to notify anyone Following it?  (I will do the former until the latter is explicitly permitted, to avoid a demerit from the moderators; I don't expect an answer by the time I have a new episode to post, as that's less than an hour from now.)

I have been doing this for quite a while myself with no repercussions as of yet E.g. - http://forums.kametsu.com/index.php?/topic/40267-multihorriblesubs-mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei-720p-sub/ . I dont see it being a problem, as when you only edit the OP, no notifications are sent to people following the thread... so unless they visit it each day or refresh it every hour for example, there would be no other way of users knowing that you have added more episodes or changed something.

To answer if it's a double post... I would also say no, as you are not posting a new post, one after the other on the same day. If I understand correctly and you are releasing them a week apart, then that shouldn't be a problem.

Take this with a grain of salt, as I have no authority around here and I am clearly not an admin...  

Most moderators will only look into you if you have been reported.

The rule about double posting mostly implies the discussion sections of the forum. In the download sections it's a pretty regular occurance for uploaders to post a new post to update about new episode releases. As long as you aren't posting a new one every 5 minutes it shouldn't become an issue. If an issue arises; staff should first notify you before taking any action.

Ah, OK.  This is a daily show however (M-F) so there may be more of an issue.  Thanks for the clarification.

like koby said we're not gonna care if its once a day or even twice a day but when you start doing a post every 5 minutes and start bloating the thread then there's an issue there worst case scenario if a staff member doesnt like how it looks he might go in and start deleting some of your older updates

I've been keeping my updates to the point =p, no sense wasting words to say more than needs be said.

I'm not a fan of DDL myself, but for some people it's DDL or nothing.  When in Rome, perhaps?

Well you can also link to torrents or add XDCC bots to our channel etc.. Whatever is your preferred method.

I only use filehosts for downloading when there is no alternative. Filehosts suck balls.

• Like 1

I've been keeping my updates to the point =p, no sense wasting words to say more than needs be said.

I'm not a fan of DDL myself, but for some people it's DDL or nothing.  When in Rome, perhaps?

Well you can also link to torrents or add XDCC bots to our channel etc.. Whatever is your preferred method.

I only use filehosts for downloading when there is no alternative. Filehosts suck balls.

Oh, absolutely agree with you there. xD

A friend of mine linked to a Nyaa search earlier in said topic that, while it also catches raw and sub stuff of the same series, does keep up with the show, so that's another option. =p