The Wind Rises[BD]

BluerGost

Hi, I needed to confirm something. As far as I knew The Wind Rises it set to release in September in UK. But if that's the case where did this come from ...

http://kickass.to/the-wind-rises-2013-720p-bluray-x264-psychd-kaze-tachinu-dual-audio-engsub-t9236807.html#main

And its even in Dual audio. So, can someone explain it to me how the up-loader got hold of it even though the BD shouldn't be released atm.

Japanese Blu-ray has most tracks, including English in Mono. It's possible Disney will do a 5.1 mix for American release. I'm thinking that they will, but don't expect it soon, Disney is slow as hell with those Ghibli releases.

Edit: At least Stereo i hope

Edited by BadmanEncodes

It is supposed to make it sound like a film from that time. It was a personal choice by Miyazaki himself, and i think that the dialogue was recorded/mixed in mono, not simply rendered as that.

Here's the full audio list. I could've sworn that at least 2 foreign languages were stereo.... (I may have been looking at the 2.0ch). Btw I think most people (including me) agree that a stereo version at least would be nice.

English Dolby Digital Monaural
Cantonese Dolby Digital Monaural
Mandarin Dolby Digital Monaural
Japanese DTS HD Monaural
Japanese Linear PCM 2.0ch Monaural
Korean Dolby Digital Monaural
French Dolby Digital Monaural
Russian Dolby Digital Monaural

http://www.onlineghibli.com/tavern/thread.php?threadid=3226&boardid=4

"Director Hayao Miyazaki insisted on recording the audio for The Wind Rises in mono versus stereo. The choice, while limiting the ability to layer multiple sounds (dialogue, sound effects, background noise, music), allowed the director to showcase the audio he felt was most integral to the story. Within Japanese culture, silence is an important and highly respected part of communication."

Edited by BadmanEncodes

I dont know. There has been no plans/releases that feature anything but Mono. The best right now would be the 2ch Mono.

Studiocanal released a region free BD in UK, which doesn't have any info. I wouldn't get your hopes up though. Just set it up so the Mono is coming out of both Left and right speakers.