Technology Abuse

RabbitBones

So I was sitting here cleaning my keyboard and decided why the hell not.
What're some of the dumbest things you've done to your own technology (or have had happen to it)? Be it your phone, handheld, console, pc/mac, television, controllers, etc etc.
Or what you've seen other people do to their things that just kind of left you dumbfounded.

Dumbest thing I've ever had happen was this one time I spilled quite a bit of hot candle wax into my laptop's keyboard. It hardened pretty much instantaneously. 
Boy, was that fun to clean out.

I saw someone step on a classic ds and snap it in half once. 
Watched a friend chuck her phone off of a boat in excitement. Didn't realize what she was doing.

Saw a lady try to write on an ipad with a marker. Like an open marker. She thought she could literally write notes on it. She got it into her head that it was "kind of like an etch a sketch".

I remember back when I had a flip phone I jumped into the pool with it. Half way into the dive my dad yells "Your phone!" and everything instantly went to slow motion as I grabbed at the little clip on case my phone was in and attempted to hold it above water. Needless to say it went under with me. It worked for another couple weeks after that thanks to the old rice-in-a-bowl trick.

A friend of mine recently tried to diagnose a problem with his old desktop using the business end of a shotgun. 'Course I think we all know how he wanted that to turn out...

Dropped my DS Light on Tile floor 3 times, Sat on it a few times.

Also one time I went to get my drink off the counter, accedently grabbed the wrong one drink and grabbed ether my mom or grandmas drink, it tasted nasty and bitter, I had a DS in one hand the and the cup in the other, it was reflex to spit it out back into which it came in, I spit it out on the wrong thing and spit it on my DS.

It still works, glitchy sometimes, but works.

The biggest problem I have with it is a loose L button, that seems like a problem for a lot of people.

lol It still works XD

Yeah, I wouldn't have gotten it if I didn't think it was sturdy enough.

That is the reason it took me so long to get the current gen DS, the 3DS and 3DS XL looked to fragile.

I was looking for almost as sturdy as a gameboy at least.

Wondering how sturdy a PSP Vita is now before I even consider it.

I have even hit my current Wii against the metal door when I got it, it works fine.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

If you're doing that crap, I don't think the PS Vita will survive. I don't think it's as sturdy as the DS.

My PS3 controller has been through hell, though I can't put it in the same league with the Vita.

My game system constrollers are working fine, except for the off brand ones, those feel so light and empty, and the buton one one of them doesn't always work, and I didn't even drop or hit that one against antything.

As for Vita, it does look kind of small and fragile like most cell phones now.

That isn't probably the best choice for me if I want a system that will last at least 20 or hopefully more years than that.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

XD you mean the Fony brands. Sorry, I'll stick with Sony Brands thank you very much.

I saw these for going for $40 in one of the indian stores(they sell all crap stuff that don't work, don't buy from them). Also second-hand shops are selling em around the same price.

That shits not even worth $5

XD you mean the Fony brands. Sorry, I'll stick with Sony Brands thank you very much.

I saw these for going for $40 in one of the indian stores(they sell all crap stuff that don't work, don't buy from them). Also second-hand shops are selling em around the same price.

That shits not even worth $5

Not just the sony one, which I think was called snake or ether viper ps3 controller, but also the pelican gamecube controller.

I bought them at walmart and target.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

It's nice to still have your older consoles. Haven't a clue were my N64 is, we've moved so much my mom probably threw it away.

We don't have walmart here, but sounds like they sell crap as well XD

Yeah, would get an official gamecube controller, but don't really like used controllers, and when I just thought to take a look at the used ones, the local vintage video game store was selling them for $35.

Now I am searching Amazon for a better price, and hopefully still new.

Seems like the older stuff get, the higher the prices.

Ever thought about getting a next gen console?

Next gen, do you mean like 3DS, Vita, Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One, isn't that current gen?

If so, then I own a 2DS, I want a Wii U, but can't even come close to being able to afford it for a while, Vita might not be sturdy enough,  the other systems don't have any games I am interested in at the moment so it will be a while before I consider getting them.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma