Can I use a PS2 controller to play PC games?

poetictragedy

This is the controller i use Here

Which has dual axis,

The only downside for me was having to go in to configuration options on nearly every game and setting the options for nearly every button and axis i don't know if it was suppost to be like that but for instance halo options on the xbox one stick to move forward the other to turn but on serious sam pc, default is one stick to move and turn but you usually only have to set it once so it's not so bad. maybe I'm just impatient though and want it to work straight outta the box like a console game, lol

If you get one like that it should do all you want for Prince of Persia but as idl12 said you will need dual axis to control the character correctly.

I personally use my xbox 360 controller for pc games. I haven't had any issues with it yet. The 360 controller works the best out of all the other controllers that I've tried, so I just stay with it :P. From what I've noticed most of the new games that have been coming out support it right out of the box without having to mess with the button setup unlike the other controller that I have... I haven't tried the ps3 controller on pc, but I'm sure it would work perfectly fine. You can use a ps2 controller on pc though.. you just need to buy an adapter for it... something like this... http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-2-PC-USB-Gamepad-Converter/dp/B000F6BGXY

Okay, yeah you can use your PS2 controller! I use my PS2 controller all the time on my PC.

Go to Wal-mart and buy this little thing in the computer section for $10, it plugs into a USB port but it has a plug-in on it for a Playstation 2, Gamecube, and XBOX controllers. I don't know what it's called though, but it's white and rectangle. It says on the top of the one I have "Universal USB Convertor".

They sell them on ebay as well this ones just ps2 and you can plug 2 controllers in this one... G456_Blue.jpg

about two years ago when i wanted to use my ps2 controller on my PC they never had these or at least i never saw them, lol it's only because you said about walmart that i checked ebay and there is loads of them.

this one similar to the one you mentioned

pc035-1.jpg

To be blunt about it all. You can use any controller that supports USB 2.0. IE: Converters, Special Controllers, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Just remember that for games that require Rumble Pak like features or Dual Shock type features your controller needs to support them or your gaming experience will suffer.