problem with hexchat?

Blackcat

Well there really isn't many other reasons you'd be getting disconnected. I use to have the same issue with IRC, everything else would work, except IRC would constantly kick me off. I managed to solve the problem though as it was a port/firewall issue. Make sure your ISP and/or Firewall isn't blocking the IRC port (6667). Also could try using a different port.

If all else fails, take a look at the servers list: http://wiki.xertion.org/w/Servers

and set up your client to specifically connect to the server closest to your location.

It's not recommended as if one server fails then you can't connect, but it can help if you're being disconnected for latency issues.

Sometimes it's just an individual having issues with an individual server in the network. I remember a few months back Rizon stopped working for me and I had to try multiple different servers till one worked for me... a week later they all started working again.. I think something is fishy with the ISP's DNS....

It applies to all nicks, not just 'Blackcat'.

If you are seeing a message like this (and you haven't registered it yourself) then you will need to change your nick:

-NickServ- This nickname is registered and protected. If it is your-NickServ- nick, type /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password. Otherwise,-NickServ- please choose a different nick.
You must select a unique nick that only you use. Then you should register it so this sort of thing never happens again.