Star Wars: Battlefront [XBOX ONE & PS4 Game]

J-Lord

As Most of you know, Star Wars Battlefront was announced at last years E3. This years E3 gives you a small look into what they are doing and have accomplished so far. Sure it is not a lot but what they do have looks fantastic. Judge for yourself:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yKv45X_OIo

OLD NEWS:

For those of you not following E3 but are big time SW:BF fans then let me inform you that recently at E3 it was announced that DICE the company that created the battlefield series are now making the long awaited Star Wars: Battlefront 3 game we have all waited years for!!

The new SW:BF game is known simply Star Wars: Battlefront. We have only had a teaser trailer released but for any SW:BF fan this is one of the best things to happen in the realm of gaming all year.

Star Wars: Battlefront Teaser Trailer:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmo-YYoHnGs

What are your thoughts?

Update 2/8/13:

SW BF3 has a confirmed release date of the summer of 2015.

SW BF3 is a new SW BF game that will define itself from SW BF 1 and 2. This new BF will have things people loved about the series but also DICE will be adding their own style to it. Don't worry this will not be a re-skinned Battlefield DICE explain it will be star wars and it will be cool.

Here is hoping ;)

Edited by J-Lord
  • Like 1

Oh thank God! Finally someone picked up the franchise and ran with it. And best of all it's DICE the guys who made a game so fun that I almost died of malnutrition playing it. My thought's are if they can take the frostbite engine that brings all the realism of Battlefield and stick it in the Star Wars universe then even people who don't like Star Wars will be inclined to play the game. I mean on that scale I may have to cut sleep out of my schedule all together.

Oh thank God! Finally someone picked up the franchise and ran with it. And best of all it's DICE the guys who made a game so fun that I almost died of malnutrition playing it. My thought's are if they can take the frostbite engine that brings all the realism of Battlefield and stick it in the Star Wars universe then even people who don't like Star Wars will be inclined to play the game. I mean on that scale I may have to cut sleep out of my schedule all together.

You and I both buddy! When Disney closed Lucas gaming company and gave the title to EA I was a little unsure. Then EA announced 3 companies that could make Star Wars games. DICE was one of the ones that grabbed my attention as they made the Awesome Battlefield series. Now look at the star wars battlefront games of the past they were fun! But mix the battlefield games of today with their graphics, intense battle and bring them over to the star wars universe and you have a killer combo on your hands.

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."

Never again will these words be uttered to the dying gaming series know as battlefront for it is very much alive!

• Like 1

Oh man I'm so happy I could cry. This game means so much to me and it's because of how many people you can play with, I mean you could get 24 people from your friends list or more to play with you.

Yeah it is going to be awesome I know this game is out on both consoles not sure about PC, but I would by an Xbox-1 without a second thought for this game lol.

YES. My brother and I used to spend uncalculable hours playing BF2. So this is spectacular news!

This is indeed great news, news many of us have been waiting years for and to find out it is finally about to come true (Unless it gets cancelled like the last SW:BF 3 did but I really doubt it.)

When I saw this I was like YES! I love the idea of a new one, been waiting so long for it and the face they're using DICE for it is pretty awesome, cant wait to play this game!

Some how it seems like a fresh star, sure it is star wars battlefront but In a way it isn't.... What I mean is I am sure DICE will have their own way of making the game I mean look at the battlefield series it is a first person shooter where BF1 and BF2 where 3rd person. I think they will bring a touch of first person shooter and awesome battle more intense then ever before to the series.

Also make me wonder will they put Jedi's into the mix???

• Like 1

It should be a great start and SWBF2 brought jedis and sith into combat, you could play as them and even the first game had some moments with jedis and stuff, you just couldnt control them so I'm really hoping they will. I'd also looove a game mode like in battlefront 2 with the hero wars thing, except that it's like a jedi vs sith war, 100 lightsaber wielding enemies against a 100 of your own, it'd be awesome

• Like 1

It should be a great start and SWBF2 brought jedis and sith into combat, you could play as them and even the first game had some moments with jedis and stuff, you just couldnt control them so I'm really hoping they will. I'd also looove a game mode like in battlefront 2 with the hero wars thing, except that it's like a jedi vs sith war, 100 lightsaber wielding enemies against a 100 of your own, it'd be awesome

I won't have my hopes up for the jedi army vs the sith army but that would be freakin awesome!! And with this being a new generation of consoles and looking at the battlefield games I think we are in for some intense fights that out do the movies themselves lol.

• Like 1

I won't have my hopes up for the jedi army vs the sith army but that would be freakin awesome!! And with this being a new generation of consoles and looking at the battlefield games I think we are in for some intense fights that out do the movies themselves lol.

It would be awesome lol and I really hope I get one of those WOAHH moments in games when I pick this title up. If it shocks me with graphics, combat and environment I'm gonna be happy. I wasnt a fan of how SWBF2 did their space battle either, they really annoyed me so if they bring that back I hope they put some work into it

• 1 month later...

It would seem that our beloved Star Wars Battle Front game has a confirmed release date and for any true fan who has waitied this long won't mind waiting a little longer. The release date is said to be in the summer of 2015, that's right 2015. See below for more details and some other interesting facts ;)

Speaking to shareholders during a briefing call, as reported by Eurogamer, EA said the shooter is likely to hit in northern summer 2015.

“The first game that we’re focused on is Battlefront. It’s a traditional game that’s done extremely well and this will most likely come out around the same time as the Star Wars movies start to come out, probably in the summer of ’15,” EA CFO Blake Jorgensen said.

Jorgensen went on to mention a number of other Star Wars projects.

“We have partnered with Walt Disney and LucasFilm to develop a whole new generation of Star Wars games for the console as well as for mobile and handheld devices,” he said.

EA previously announced that Star Wars games are under development at Dead Space developer Visceral and Mass Effect developer BioWare, which was responsible for KOTOR and MMO The Old Republic.

Star Wars: Battlefront is in the works at DICE, but the team has promised it’s not a re-skinned Battlefield. It is the third Battlefront game and fondly called Battlefront 3 by fans, but is a reboot of the series and not the long-rumoured sequel.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/31/star-wars-battlefront-3-expected-in-2015/

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Some Star Wars Battlefront information:

According to DICE, Star Wars Battlefront won't have microtransactions!

From large-scale 40-player battles to smaller modes for 8 players, Star Wars™ Battlefront™ has a variety of action-packed multiplayer modes.

Fighter Squadron
Take to the skies and dogfight in some of the most memorable Star Wars vehicles including X-wings, TIE fighters, the Millennium Falcon and more.

Supremacy
Rebels and Imperials fight for control of five key points in this intense 40-player clash that takes place on some of the largest maps in Star Wars Battlefront. Take advantage of both ground and air vehicles in order to secure victory for your team.

Walker Assault
Fight in epic 40-player battles as a Rebel to destroy the Empire's onslaught of AT-AT's by calling in Y-wing bombers. Or, side with the Empire and protect your Walkers while utilizing their mighty weaponry to crush the Rebel objective.

Blast
A classic Team Deathmatch mode with a Star Wars Battlefront twist. Fast-paced and packed with chaotic fun, Blast pits 10 Rebels against 10 Imperials in a fight to the finish.

Drop Zone

Keep an eye on the sky! Escape pods are crashing down onto the planetary surfaces and your team must fight for control over them. Drop Zone provides frantic 8v8 matches that will put your combat and strategic skills to the test.

Survival

Hold off waves of Imperial forces including AT-STs, TIE Fighters, elite stormtroopers and more. Experience a different Survival mission on every planet.

Many more missions

In addition to Survival, Star Wars Battlefront will feature a variety of exciting Mission modes including Battles, Hero Battles and Trials. Stay tuned for more info coming in the months ahead.

Many more multiplayer modes

In addition to Walker Assault, Blast, Fighter Squadron, Drop Zone and Supremacy, Star Wars Battlefront will feature immersive, fun-filled multiplayer modes including Cargo, Droid Run, and more to be announced in the months ahead. Stay tuned for more information on these exciting multiplayer modes.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/10/05/all-the-star-wars-battlefront-gameplay-footage-you-can-handle?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ycMhGDGfXE

Edited by Emrys

Pretty excited for the beta tomorrow! Anyone else as excited as I am?

Im unsure about the whole game, was pretty hyped for it before I came to the realisation im not a big gamer anymore and I don't have the time to sit down and play multiple games like I could in school with the original Battlefront games.

Most of the time my day gets taken up by work, real life problems and then playing destiny where I can (Online games are the real killer here they make you commit so much of your spare time if you want to be good at them and I want to be good at destiny.)

Also there are a few things that make me uncertain about this battlefront game. I just have a feeling where it dose look amazing, I feel the hype may be more than what the game may be worth.

Who knows only time will tell. I think I may play the Beta to get a rough Idea if I should buy this one or skip it.