HeartBeatx <3

HeartBeatx

Your text can be awfully hard to read on the light skins. Hurts my eyes in a dark room.

Welcome to Kametsu Forums! You share the same birthday as my mom btw.

You do know, the meaning of Otaku in America is wrong right? Otaku is actually one of the highest insults you can receive in Japan. It effectively means you're a lazy bum that lives in your parents basement obsessing over 2D girls and making love to a life-sized pillow of your favorite anime/manga character. Some even legally marry said pillow. There is absolutely nothing good about being an Otaku.

I really liked Air Gear too. I was sad that it never got any sort of ending. Loved Final Fantasy till they eventually ran the series into the ground and killed it for me. I'll always have a soft-spot for FF4, FF9, and FF10 though, but I'll likely never play any future installments. FF13 and FF13-2 were utter garbage. FF12 was alright, it was mostly boring, but at least you felt you accomplished something rather than watching a 50 hour movie.

Didn't much care for the Phantasy Star games I played, except Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst. That game was awesome! Though extremely repetitive due to the lack of areas to visit. I really want to try out PSO2.

• Like 1

@ Poetictragedy ~ I play many instruments, I sing mainly but also guitar piano cello bass and general music production. And yes that is the Hikaru I speak of =] What do you play? Thanks for the welcome!

@Koby ~ Aha sorry I have an addiction to being overly colorful ^^' From what I know from my time spent in Japan and from what my Japanese friends tell me, Otaku can mean a nerd of any kind. Not only anime. The only reason why they are looked down upon is because of certain fetishes and outlandish attractions such as loli's etc.

At the end of the day, anyone can call me a nerd about anything I love. But to me its just being passionate.

FF are kinda killing themselves at the moment. Maybe if they finally release Versus it will save them.

Thanks a lot for your welcome. Glad to be here. =3

Being colourful is fine, but for those of us using the light skin, it makes your posts nigh unreadable.

And I've never heard of "otaku" used in anything but an extremely disparaging manner--barring usage amongst western fans of anime, of course. Granted, with terms like "hentai" and "ecchi", which have different meanings to a western audience than originally intended, I'm not entirely surprised that "otaku" suffered the same fate.