Have you taken a break from anime?

GeekyAlex

• 3 weeks later...

Yes,  I sort of had a rush of anime for a few months and then slowed down.  I started to lose the passion that I had when I originally started watching and I found that reading manga helped me increase my pace again to watch more anime.  I guess I just wanted to see colour again.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For me (Since I have been into anime since mid 2012) I have still so many classic series released that I haven't seen. It is hard to walk away from anime for too long for me. I might go a week without watching any, but I usually find the time to sit down for an hour or so and start watching a series. I like watching anime instead of Primetime TV at night. I find that most decent anime series are better than Primetime #1 Award-Winning Series here in America.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been on a break for what feels like a  year now, only recently been trying to get back into it, I dunno, these days it just feels like I'm more interested in video games (I enjoyed Naruto more when it was told through the ultimate ninja storm games than the actual show), theoretical girlfriends and hobbies that I never follow through on.

Yes

I have 417 complete shows in my archive and i have seen about 15 of them last year (2013) but 2012 was better for actually "watching" shows.  Some part of me wants to download the show and watch it so i can be on the "in" crowd knowing what all the inside references are about, but the action of watching gets reduced in priority by simple things like programming and surfing random web pages and dont forget yelling at people in vent.  I made a MAL account and was going to update it with info but decided not to because it seems very incomplete even when i physically have a very complete archive of shows but watched so very few of them.

ah a wall of text

just go here:

http://youtu.be/0n_Ty_72Qds?t=1m57s

that shrug is the best way to sum up that wall of text

*its been about four months since I last watched a show.

Edited by      

Lately I found myself watching less anime, not because I don't enjoy it just because there is to much in my day to sit down and watch some. Also after I watch an inter anime say a 12-24 episode one I can sometimes take 2 days to get over it and feel like starting a new one. What I mean when I say get over it I like to take in what has happened and think on it for a few days before I move onto something greater and better.

Usually? 3-6 month breaks before I grab a couple random interesting series and just roll through them as fast as possible. As for the longest break... Umm. Moved to a rural area in 3rd grade, nothing available in the price range the parents wanted so I did without until the tail end of high school. So, eight to nine years?