SOTW #110: Freestyle

wonTi.jpg
SIGNATURE OF THE WEEK #110
Theme: Freestyle!

RULES:

• All entries are to be submitted by Friday, April 19.
  • Your entry must be related to the chosen theme.
  • Only one entry per participant. However, you may edit your entry until the deadline.
  • Signatures must be your own work.
  • Entries can be in GIF, JPG, JPEG or PNG format, and should be no larger than 600x220 pixels. Animated signatures are allowed.
  • Pre-made signatures are allowed, as long as they have not been used in a past Kametsu competition.
  • In addition to your entry, please also submit a theme idea for next week's competition. Please check the SOTW Themes thread to make sure your theme has not already been used.
  • Please read all Graphical Division Rules and Forum Rules before entering. All rules apply.

NOTE: Please remember to submit a theme along with your entry. We've all been getting lax about this (myself included), which is why we haven't had themes ready for the last two contests. If you can't think of one at the time of entry, please submit it by the time the competition closes. Thanks!

Edited by poetictragedy

VOTING

RULES:

• All votes are to be submitted by Tuesday, April 9.
  • To vote, reply to this thread, listing your top three signatures IN ORDER. First place gets three points, second gets two points, third gets one point; the person with the most points wins.
  • Along with your vote, you may say why you picked the signatures you picked, and/or leave constructive criticism for any entry you wish. Do not feel that you have to, but you may if you want.
  • Keep in mind the theme and the connection between the theme and the signature. Please do not vote for the render/image, but for the OVERALL signature you think looks best.
  • Avoid favoritism.
  • You may not vote for yourself.

EXAMPLE:

Sally - Fit the theme the best.
Bob - Text could have been better.
Anna - Render placement was a little off.

ENTRIES:

Dreamcastor Rei

WaterArtist_zps7067c787.jpg

firedogx10

starlightlove_zps600c0a39.png

Breathless

gifsig.gif

Pinkie Pie

cxw12Mm.png

ogromm

fragiledreams.jpg

playlamegetfame

v1lkl.png

Apollo

celesterracopy_zpsbf639268.jpg

Edited by poetictragedy

The funniest thing about these "Freestyle" or "Anything Goes" themes is that at first, I'm like, "Woo hoo I can do whatever I want!!!" but then I'm like, "But what the fuck am I going to do???" I am one of those people who need structure and direction. I also suck at making decisions.

Theme:

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 4

The funniest thing about these "Freestyle" or "Anything Goes" themes is that at first, I'm like, "Woo hoo I can do whatever I want!!!" but then I'm like, "But what the fuck am I going to do???" I am one of those people who need structure and direction. I also suck at making decisions.

That sounds just like Mink.  He also has to have structure and directions.  It be almost impossible to get a decision from him...Its always "Whatever you want to do."

VOTING IS NOW OPEN! Check out this post to see how to place your vote.

Once again, I didn't have time to make an entry, sob. Also, I feel the same way about a freestyle theme, Apollo. But there are a lot of great entries this week. :3

1. Apollo - I've always loved your style. And you've always been awesome at making your renders blend with your background, which I think you did a fantastic job of this week.
  2. Breathless - Blending could be a little better, but I like of the details in the background: the binary code, the black bar, etc. I think I would have used an old-timey computer font (see example). Also, the animation seems a little slow, but it's a nice touch!
  3. playlamegetfame - I like the splatter effect and the colors. I'm not too big on the text this time around though.

dreamcastor, I think your earlier submission was better graphically but I like this one waaaaay better taste wise :)

Breathless-Its a bit plain but  the typing your name in and the binary makes it awesome :)

Apollo- I like your overall affect but I think the background is too faded and I can't see ! :)