Formula One Discussion

L4ugh

I'm not really sure how popular F1 is with the members of this forum, but I thought I'd make a thread for discussing it just in case. I'm not concerned about what topics are discussed, but they should be about F1.

To start the discussion, I thought I'd ask a question I've been asking myself since the end of last season. 

Did Lewis Hamilton make a huge mistake by switching teams?

I personally don't know the answer to that one yet, but he is probably my favorite driver right now, so I hope not. I know he's a total prima donna, but I think he's a damn good driver. He just needs to grow up a little more, and get over himself.

Edited by L4ugh

If you're actually from the Ukraine, I don't have an answer for you. I live in the US, here it's broadcast on NBCSports. It use to be on Speed, but I guess NBC outbid them once they realized it was coming back to the US. I usually end up missing have of the races because of the time zone difference, but I try to follow the stats on Formual1.com.

The season started this weekend in Aussieland, and Kimi Raikkonen won. To my surprise Hamilton beat both of the McLaren cars. I have no hope of him actually winning the championship though, so I'll most likely be cheering for Kimi and Alonso. I'm just not a very big Vettel fan.

I'm with you on not being a Vettel fan. I think Alonso is a superior driver. With both cars being relatively close, I believe Alonso could do it this year. Well, I want him to win anyway haha. Being from Britain myself, there's a HUGE obsession with Hamilton. He dominates the F1 news. I think he'll be champion with Mercedes in the next few years, but don't think he has much of a chance this season. It'll probably be between Alonso and Vettel again, although Kimi could be up there too. I was pleasantly surprised by Massa's performance, didn't expect him to finish ahead of Webber. McLaren were awful.

Well, Malaysia was a very interesting race. Vettel gave me yet another reason to not like him, Alonso lost his mind, and Hamilton seems to still be trying to compete with Vettel for F1's biggest cry baby award.

I was really hoping Webber would've kicked Vettel's ass right there in the winners circle. Someone needs to put that little punk in his place.

I did get a good laugh out of Hamilton pulling into the wrong pits. I would have loved to see the faces of those guys, or his when he realized where he was.

I would also like to say I like how NBCSports is handling F1, I didn't really think I would. It's nice to see what's going on with the race during the commercial brakes.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone happen to know how Michael Schumacher is doing? Apparently he's still in a coma, but news here in the States rarely ever mention anything about it. 

They've been very hush-hush about his condition at ihs point I'm sad to see. If there's one constant I'd say though is that he'll likely be half the person he used to be if he survives al of this-- Cool to see a fellow F1 fan on here though. :)

They've been very hush-hush about his condition at ihs point I'm sad to see. If there's one constant I'd say though is that he'll likely be half the person he used to be if he survives al of this-- Cool to see a fellow F1 fan on here though. :)

I'd agree that he probably won't be the same Michael if he does recover, and I can understand why the family would want to keep it hush-hush. I thought it was just the poor quality of news networks we have here in the States. I'd hate for him to never be able to race again. I was hoping he'd go back to being the Stig on Top Gear now that he's retired. 

I probably miss about have the races due to the time difference, but I do try to keep up with it as much as possible. I find it to be more watchable when the drivers have to turn in both directions instead of what NASCAR offers.