Finding Random Things

Dark_Angel13

Finding money and such is cool,everyone has done that,but the best place to go is to the local dump,tip,or refuse place,and scrounging around for stuff that others throw away,as the saying goes: one mans rubbish is another mans treasure.

its amazing the kinds of stuff you find at the dump,i have found almost brand new cooking equipment,money in tobacco pouches,all kinds of things that prove either useful or can be sold for cash. the best dumps are the ones that have no one looking after them so you can just go there and look around,but when theres actually someone there looking after the dump you have to be craftier lol.

I pick up all change... even pennies. Because it all adds up, and you never know when you'll be a penny short, and get that dick cashier who won't let you use one of the pennies in the little bin.

I hate the cashiers who you give them a two five dollar notes and what you bought was say 5.50 and they ask you for a 50 cent piece, its like.... if I had it, don't you think I'd have just given you that in the first place? lol

I found my phone the other night when I lost it for an hour, I dont think that counts for this though. On the matter of going garbage grinding for random stuff, my highshool once got all new computers so they tossed all the old ones, sooo many people were at the tip then scrounging computer parts from then

Dark" i never carry silver coins,its just to dam heavy,seriously that 50 cent coin is just to dam big its pathetic,the silver coins we aussies have to carry are gonna give us back problems lol,i cant believe they havent down sized them yet,made them smaller and lighter,i carry my notes and my card,mostly i just use my card.

i was coming back from coles yesterday and saw a the back of a mobile phone laying on the side of the path and my heart raced for a few seconds,i kneeled down to grab it and someone had smashed the phone in from the front,and i was all sad,dam,it woulda been nice to find something shiney.

You might still have been able to salvage the phone, if that's the kind of thing you're into, haha. Turn it into a little science experiment.

I just use my card to buy stuff. I very rarely have cash on me--I'm more liable to make stupid purchases with cash than I am with my card. When I have cash, my brain is like, "I need to get rid of this. Oh look, this looks like a legit thing to buy." And then I end up with a bunch of crap I don't need.

• Like 1

Yeah, my inability to keep petty cash is just me, not some massive global female conspiracy. I don't feel the need to buy random stuff all the time, it's just that having petty cash makes it easier for me to say "why not" and "that thing is only fifteen bucks? Sure, I got a twenty". I track my credit purchases much closer than I track my cash payments, and I'm not certain that has more to do with my sex than maybe the fact that I'm just more inclined to use computers vice keeping track of stupid receipts.

• 2 weeks later...