• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Some mom installed "Neya английский" (learning software that locks computer until user passes the quiz) on Win 8 to prevent her teenage kid from playing games. Nice idea, except software is crappy, and its buttons don't work, leaving PC locked even from admin user...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FluShot_zps7c4b798d.png

Thanks to Nagisa, and my desire to change what I was messing up, I am able to have time for this stuff again :).  Today we are going to speak on a rather odd topic.  Installing a graphics card that hangs on the drive mounts and does not clip in.

So Nagisa, and I, invested money into getting her a computer that works, and my inexperience with hand building the machinery meant that we returned the graphics card that we thought was not working, but on this second one evga actually helped me understand the issue I was having with the machinery.  I had a graphics card that was not seating properly due to never reaching far enough into the machine.

Using a pair of ten snips, the yellow kind works best for this, and needle nose pliers, I was able to make the overhang non-existent.

A few notes on this:

• Make sure to NOT let the metal shavings go inside the computer. They are a pain to remove
  • Make sure everything is safely in a location you can assure will not damage the machine
  • Always make sure you are grounded.  Working on the tower or the insides leads to higher risk of damaging your machinery from small sparks.

Thank you for your time, and looking forward to starting posting again :D.

Edited by Minkseru

If you just use linux you wont have to worry about having your info destroyed by a virus or having to pay for useless services and worry about the government adding back doors in your os so they can remote view your activities.

linux is boots faster / programs are free

high security / open source

great for program devs

If you just use linux you wont have to worry about having your info destroyed by a virus or having to pay for useless services and worry about the government adding back doors in your os so they can remote view your activities.

linux is boots faster / programs are free

high security / open source

great for program devs

I hope this does not come off as too rude, but this is not the topic where I tell people what OS to run, but rather how to fix the issues they may have.  On the topic though, Unix based OS is great for learning to program, is used in a large quantity of business, but the lack of viruses is more so from the fact there is no money in writing a virus for the OS.  as you pointed out it is open source, so by the time you write the virus, shortly after there is an antivirus written for it.

A large portion of games, and other programs such as photoshop, are not written to support the Unix Os.  Take for instance Guild Wars 2, or World of Warcraft.  Yes there is a windows emulator for the os called WINE, but this opens your computer up to windows viruses if you had them on the computer already.