What if money didn't matter

seirachan

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nif01WZ9aI&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLRZwGNSPU-fP3J0MdzlWCHg

I desire a lot of things, I wanna be a police officer, I wanna video edit, make movies, work with other people to make music videos, I wanna learn other languages, get better at art. etc. If I was a collage student just about finished like this guy is talking about it those things would be a little more in reach however I failed High school and I'm stuck at a fast food job and high rent plus food. My family was always poor so I don't got those things handed to me and my schooling was messed up since I was in elementary from family problems. When you grow older not learning things in school right under stressful environments everything becomes harder.

But if I had the money for the education in these areas and toter that didn't treat me like a retard I might get somewhere in life. For once not work a job that I hate. This video is better suited to normal people, I've got 14 years to pay off this house then I might have money to spend on things like that. But if money were no object Well those are the things I'd do.

Lol every time I'm asked this question I'm never sure what to say. I don't have a job that I would want to do for money or without money. I'm so lazy! My dream job is no job lol!

Now minus occupation, the things I would want to do if money wasn't an option is quite small too. I feel happy the way I am. The only things I want are things that I can't obtain with money, such as a fantastic spouse or more wonderful people in my life.

Of course there's minuscule things like having a cooler computer or better car, but I mean I'm happy with what I have.

• Like 1

If money didn't matter...the world would be a lot simpler. I too grew up in a difficult home. We weren't poor, but we weren't rich. Even thou my mother had money...she used it all on herself. I never got anything except being used as a punching bag from her. I lost count of the amount bruises she left me. Anyways, I never got anything growing up. I learned very early that to get anything...I would either have to steal what I wanted or earn it. Since I had learned at least some values from anime (no one else there to teach me) I could only do the latter. Luckily, Me and Minkseru make just enough to support me and our little girl Sakura. We may not have the best but we survive...thou, if we didn't have to worry about money it would be a lot easier. We could go to college...me for teaching elementary kids and him for computer programming. To not have to worry about whether or not we could send our kids to college...it would be nice not to have to worry about it all.

• Like 1

If money didn't matter then i think i would be content with owning a home, making games on computers Dart and I built for our small wannabe games company in an office we run on an apartment block that all my friends live in with me =)

I would have a happy family since the arguments about money would dissolve and the ones that we don't talk to due to other reasons i would send far far away so i don't have to deal with them anymore and they can finally leave my dad alone. I would do everything in my power to make my mum happy, my grandma comfy for the rest of her life and all of my uncles (that i still consider humans) i would make them happy too.

THEN all of my friends and family across the world i would visit and bring presents and then give them a happy home as well.

I WOULD BRING EVERYONE PEACE AND LOVE AND STOP THE STUPID BICKERING OVER NOTHING

Talking about "what if" is kinda annoying, to me anyhow. My dad likes doing it so much that he's delusional always saying that he will do this and that, but never doing any of it at all. Then he blames it on other people for not allowing him to complete it. F*cking sad >.>

The point is, reality is a bitch and you need money whether you like it or not. And dreaming about a world where money is not an issue, will not gonna get you anywhere. What you need to do is start from scratch and work hard. Put it this way, most of us are born in first world countries and we take it for granted, the truth is we all had opportunities, but if you wasted it then that's your fault. I strongly believe that because seeing how third world countries don't even have a chance to go to school it makes me really sad. And everyday I see people not taking education over here seriously makes me piss off.

And if you think you have family issues, then you probably never seen how a strict asian family is. They have more issues then your average family, especially mines. Lots of fights, left house many times, and a lot of mental stress. But all that only wanted me to become more successful and prove that I'm a lot more better than my parents were, I still managed to study even with all the mental stress that would drive an average person crazy.

I think I gone off topic, so enough of my random rant. In short if you want to achieve something great, you're gonna have to put a lot of hard work into it. No matter how hard or how stressful in the end you will achieve it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

the way i see it, money is the physical manifestation of trust and confidence. you give money believing that you're getting a value that's equal to the one you're giving, which is value that you trust that you have earned from your job or whatnot. since barter economies would seldom work  (example, how many eggs would i need to trade for an apple? two and a half? money deals with these fractional difficulties better) money is just sort of a permenant and trusted thing that'll continue to exist

now, what are my aspirations (which seems to be the result question incorperated from if money didn't matter) is a different question. i would devote myself to the stem field (science, technology, engineering, math) in order to further human progress. i really want to see the future, and i would love to make it.

• Like 1