Paddy's Stuff

The Welsh Paddy

• 4 weeks later...

I actually lost the .psd for that CD cover. :(

But I have since moved on anyways, and went and got myself Photoshop... finally! So I've gone and come up with a huge batch of new stuff, which I hope you all like! Again, feedback is always good to have! :)

Random Graphics

Batman Graphic

Catwoman Graphic

Scarecrow Graphic 1

Scarecrow Graphic 2

KJB Cast Logo

B-Movie Poster

Cookies & Milk

Sigs and Avas

Zelda Sig 1

Zelda Sig 2

Zelda Sig 3

30 Days of Night

Yuna Sig

Yuna Ava

Mickey Mouse Sig

Bootsy Collins Sig

And, I also made my current sig and ava set! :D

Again, feedback is always appreciated. :)

• Like 1

Congrats on getting Photoshop!

I really like your Scarecrow works, especially the second. I also like your second Zelda sig and the 30Days of Night. Oh, and your sig&ava set too!

These.

ScarecrowGraphic.pngScarecrowGraphic2.png

ToonLinkSig.png30DaysofNight.png

Your works always feel so retro to me, like pop-art or something like that? Maybe that's the wrong way to put it, but they're different in a good way. I don't know how to explain it.

You're really good at the chaotic kind of splash art-ish look and the comic/pop-out style.

By the way, can I ask how you got the outline shape for the Scarecrow graphics? Whenever I try to make a transparent background like that it ends horridly.

• Like 1

I always start the graphic on the second layer. It's easier then to use the first layer for trying out different background colours to see how well it looks against different colours. When I'm done, I just delete the background layer, merge VISIBLE layers (Don't flatten image) and then save it as a .png. I'm not sure what program you're using, but basically if you use the second layer to place the shape that you want the piece, then you should be able to delete the background layer then to make it transparent. :)

Haha, that second Scarecrow piece was a bleedin' nightmare to get right. The render wasn't the best of qualities, plus I had to erase a lot of it and re-draw some of it to try and make it look like he was stepping out of a portal or something. It's a very simple looking piece, but believe me it was bloody awkward! :D

Edited by The Welsh Paddy

I like the ones Dreamcastor mentioned best as well. In the green Link signature, the text is a little difficult to read, but that's really the only major flaw. I love the effects used in the Yuna and Mickey signatures.

Some of your other works seem too busy. Take the green Scarecrow graphic for example. While patterns can make the signature more interesting, it's my belief that they should be relatively subtle. I don't really know how to explain it, but it's like the eye has a hard time focusing on the render because there's so much other stuff to draw it away. I do love the font you used for that one though.

Sorry, if this isn't very helpful. I don't know how to words and it's 2am, so I should be asleep. @_@ Keep practicing! You'll only improve more. =)

• Like 1