ChatZilla question (need help)

CardGames

I just heard of a FireFox add-on/plugin/whatever it's called that is called "ChatZilla"

Basically... apprently... it allows you to connect to IRC on your FireFox browser.

However I have a question regarding it.

If I use ChatZilla... can I still download stuff from IRC channels?

If not...

Can someone explain why I CAN'T download stuff from IRC channels using ChatZilla?

I'd really appreciate any help anyone here could give me with this.

Thanks.

It is this addon, yes?

For some odd reason this isn't the latest version of Chatzilla.

You can get the latest version here: http://chatzilla.hacksrus.com/revisions

Latest version fixes the XDCC accept/decline commands by the way.

It seems you should be able to use XDCC with it. You could just give it a shot and see for yourself if it works. Not much to lose if you do try.

i used chatzilla and was able to download using it.

only problem it doesn't support resuming of file download. if for some reason there is a loss of connection, you have to download that file from the beginning.

i would suggest using xchat, i'm using it currently and it does support resuming of file download :D

Okay... so... some people say it's good... others say it's bad... so now...

What the hell am I supposed to do?! Because I have NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WHATSOEVER.

I'm WILLING to try IRC again (SINCE I OBVIOUSLY DON'T HAVE A CHOICE AT THIS POINT) but I just COMPLETELY forget how to use it, how to download stuff, etc.

I really don't know what to do.

Also... IP Breakdown... you do realize mIRC isn't free right? Because it's not. That's what I used before and it sucked and the annoying message was annoying.

I really don't know what to do... any more suggestions/advice?

Thank you for the continued assistance/help...

Edited by CardGames

Okay... so... some people say it's good... others say it's bad...

Its bad, its beyond bad, anyone that uses IRC for more than several months will agree with me. Just use HexChat.

What the hell am I supposed to do?! Because I have NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WHATSOEVER.

Here is the IRC help index. I'd recommend you start using it. And what problems are you having?

Also... IP Breakdown... you do realize mIRC isn't free right? Because it's not. That's what I used before and it sucked and the annoying message was annoying.

Its only $20. Plus this isn't a program that is uncrackable. ;-)

Edited by An IP BreAKDoWN

Okay... so... some people say it's good... others say it's bad...

Its bad, its beyond bad, anyone that uses IRC for more than several months will agree with me. Just use HexChat.

Here is the IRC help index. I'd recommend you start using it. And what problems are you having?

Its only $20. Plus this isn't a program that is uncrackable. ;-)

I'm not rich. That's what the problem is.

I'll think about it but I won't be doing this anytime soon because I've found myself in yet another incident I need to focus on first.