Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing (NOT IE)

Kid Ryan

Windows Explorer (NOT Internet Explorer) keeps on crashing everytime I open it.

This only started happening after I installed some new windows updates from the official windows updates website.

I have already tried System Restore, it didn't help at all, Windows Explorer still crashes on me no matter how far I go back in system restore.

I am up to any suggestions at all, as long as they do not require me having to re-install my OS.

Windows Explorer (NOT Internet Explorer) keeps on crashing everytime I open it.

This only started happening after I installed some new windows updates from the official windows updates website.

I have already tried System Restore, it didn't help at all, Windows Explorer still crashes on me no matter how far I go back in system restore.

I am up to any suggestions at all, as long as they do not require me having to re-install my OS.

I don't use Windows Updates as I have the upgrade to Microsoft Updates. =P On the Windows Update page it asks you if you want to upgrade. Anyhow, I have all updates and I'm not having that problem. So it has to be something else that caused it. Maybe you installed something else recently.. or have been infected with a virus. If a system restore isn't working, and you are still having problems.. I honestly don't know what to tell you.

i was having similar problems and was mad since this computer is only a year and 4months old but i just restored to factory settings and it was running perfectly. it may be hard having to download and install everything again but it works and its worth it.

I don't use Windows Updates as I have the upgrade to Microsoft Updates. =P On the Windows Update page it asks you if you want to upgrade. Anyhow, I have all updates and I'm not having that problem. So it has to be something else that caused it. Maybe you installed something else recently.. or have been infected with a virus. If a system restore isn't working, and you are still having problems.. I honestly don't know what to tell you.

I don't think it is a virus. Vista did this all the time and I had to restart the computer. Win7 Still does it occasionally but M-Soft built in a restart (most of the time it crashed when I tried to encode to MKV format no matter what program I use).