Broke X-BOX 360, need help!

Koby

well one you dont drill holes in the motherboard, dont know where the hell you heard that lol XD trust me i know what im talking about since i fixed my own 360 :P

so what all is wrong with it? do you get the red light in the bottom right hand corner and a error screen pops up saying e74?

Yeah that's pretty much it. I think it might have something to do with the fans as I noticed they weren't working at one point while it was open, so I turned the system off, unplugged them and plugged them back in and that was when it started working. But maybe not as they seem to be working fine now but I'm getting that error still.

I looked on youtube videos and they said try the penny trick. I tried it but it didn't do anything.. and I don't think the part you put it on is actually loose. It looks pretty tight to me. So I don't really know.

Like I said before. I actually had the 360 working.. then I put it back together and it doesn't work again. >_< I honestly don't know what I did that made it start working though. Maybe something really was loose somewhere and I had just pressed it down, but when putting it back together, flipping it made it loose again. O.o

Ok so u get the e 74 what i do to fix these is take it back apart remove the dvd drive remove the white plastic fan housing under that you will find a black chip that says hana or ana take a blow dryer put it on its hottest setting and heat that chip up for about 4 mins moving slightly back and forth towards the gpu and the av hook up after you have heated it put pressure on it immediately be carefull though it will be hot and burn you after that hook it up dont worry bout the dvd drive or anything just see if it comes on if it does good if it dont try the x-clamp fix 20 dollars is not bad for a 360 and if you need any instructions for the x-clamp fix i have them just let me know they are pdf and have a list part and item numbers for lowes very detailed ihave had the blow dryer trick fix quet abit of them and the ones it dont fix the x- clamp fix did and the x-clamp fix works on the basis that the current x-clamp on it put pressure on the middle on the gpu and cpu causeing when it heats up to bow and break solder points gettin rid of them and puttin even pressure fixs these

NO WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING! D:<

you should never use a heat gun/blow dryer. you will fry the mother board, there are videos on youtube but they are fucking retards because its just stupid. plus its a "temp" fix and will just go back to getting the e74 error or even 3 rrod.

and dont even suggest the towl trick, that will just warp the mother board XD

sorry if i got mad for a second, its just duh there are things you just shouldn't do

Ok so u get the e 74 what i do to fix these is take it back apart remove the dvd drive remove the white plastic fan housing under that you will find a black chip that says hana or ana take a blow dryer put it on its hottest setting and heat that chip up for about 4 mins moving slightly back and forth towards the gpu and the av hook up after you have heated it put pressure on it immediately be carefull though it will be hot and burn you after that hook it up dont worry bout the dvd drive or anything just see if it comes on if it does good if it dont try the x-clamp fix 20 dollars is not bad for a 360 and if you need any instructions for the x-clamp fix i have them just let me know they are pdf and have a list part and item numbers for lowes very detailed ihave had the blow dryer trick fix quet abit of them and the ones it dont fix the x- clamp fix did and the x-clamp fix works on the basis that the current x-clamp on it put pressure on the middle on the gpu and cpu causeing when it heats up to bow and break solder points gettin rid of them and puttin even pressure fixs these

I've heard bad things about this and even the vid tuts on youtube state it's only temporary and after 3 or 4 times usually fries everything. Sounds bad to me.

All im sayin is to try it ive had alot of success with doing that and the x-clamp fix alone dont always fix e74 and to fix it for free its about your best option also ive never had it tear one up and i dont recommend doing more than once if works great if it dont move on to x-clamp fix

oK I think it is three rings because E 74 there a problem with the your GPU and go here and it will show it (

).

Now the problem with the two red lights is a mystery to me.

I don't really suggest doing is, as said about I found out you can resolder the GPU using heat gun

and i found this

but the heat gun or overheated (i have done this and it worked (overheated)) is the only way i have found out to do it for free

Tried to direct the air is the only way it might be more successful for heat gun