paid subscriptions

Unfortunately paid subscriptions is a feature that only is available in IPB via IB Nexus which is $75 with a renewal fee of $35 every 6 months to maintain updates with that application. It was something deemed too costly for the few people who actually did use subscriptions. If you'd like, you can simple donate (via the donate button above) whenever you can and I can manually change your account to donator status.

Unfortunately paid subscriptions is a feature that only is available in IPB via IB Nexus which is $75 with a renewal fee of $35 every 6 months to maintain updates with that application. It was something deemed too costly for the few people who actually did use subscriptions. If you'd like, you can simple donate (via the donate button above) whenever you can and I can manually change your account to donator status.

would that let me download and how much time does it last [donator status]

Yes, and it depends, you could donate the same amount you'd have done via subscription and keep doing so the same way.

Ok, and if it is the same amount old subscription status gave you before the site update then I have no problem with it if it is a reasonable time

Edited by lucaslink2

• 3 weeks later...

I might get some hate (maybe not hate, but disapproval), but I am going to say it anyway, because it's the truth.

If you are willing to pay to download anime, why don't you just buy it. I understand that some of it is unavailable in some parts of the world, but by buying the stuff that you like, you support the industry and that gives them the chance to make more stuff. You can still donate to the site to help the community and you can still come here to discuss about anime and games, even if you don't pirate it. This is an anime and gaming community first, the downloads are just a little advantage to the site.

And before anyone says anything. Yes I came here for the downloads at first, but I stayed for the community because it was awesome. It's the first forum where I have been an active member and I want it to stay alive. If making a donation helps Kametsu (yes it does) I will donate... eventually. Not now because I'm a student and I'm kind of poor, but once I get a more stable job and a little more money I will make a donation. But, with that said, I will buy anime before making a donation and I will surely never pay a subscription to download something illegally. Supporting the industry is important, because if everyone was downloading and no one was buying, the anime industry would crumble and sites like this one wouldn't exist anymore.

/rant

Dude888, don't look at the subscriptions as paying for something illegal, but rather an auto-donate feature. That's pretty much all it was. It reminded people they could donate again, and it allowed them to bypass the need to have posts if they were only going to be here for the downloads anyway but wanted to support the community. Anyhow we no longer have it anyways.

Dude888, don't look at the subscriptions as paying for something illegal, but rather an auto-donate feature. That's pretty much all it was. It reminded people they could donate again, and it allowed them to bypass the need to have posts if they were only going to be here for the downloads anyway but wanted to support the community. Anyhow we no longer have it anyways.

When you say it like that, it doesn't sound so bad. And from the admin's viewpoint, it is a good feature and I understand that. But from someone who wants to pay to watch anime, he might as well buy the stuff, right?

Anyway, the auto-donate feature is no longer available (for the moment?). So I guess the thread can be closed.

I wasn't around back when this donate feature was around, so I have no idea what you guys are talking about :3 However, Dude888 stated that if we are gonna pay for a subscription to download illegal stuff, we should just buy the legal stuff....I'm not saying I disagree with this, but I do view it differently...I pay for a premium account on FileFactory (about 12$ a month), which I use to download anime...I'm thinking I've saved well over 500$ from downloading them VS buying them...and I've only had my premium account for a month :P...obviously I'm PAYING for a subscription, but I'm still saving a TON of loot..so I think depending on the subscription, it would be better to pay for and download...also I would rather download, because you can't always get a hold of the Blu-ray releases in your area...

P.S

If this donate system you guys had was something much different, then this is just a rant I guess :P

Edited by WIRLYWIRLYPOOL