Collectors

Gero50

I collect bicycles, mostly old-school bmx bikes. I thoroughly enjoy working on them; and of course, riding them. In the early days of bmx, bicycle manufacturers were constantly experimenting with new designs. These creative designs are what intrigue me. As of late, bmx bikes haven't been evolving much.

I collect bicycles, mostly old-school bmx bikes. I thoroughly enjoy working on them; and of course, riding them. In the early days of bmx, bicycle manufacturers were constantly experimenting with new designs. These creative designs are what intrigue me. As of late, bmx bikes haven't been evolving much.

Thats pretty cool if I do say so. I can't say I know a lot about bmx, but I do like bikes.

How long have you been collecting them.

I collect quite a few things. I collect things like pins, cards (vintage poker cards mostly), bottle caps (i'd be rich if fallout was real...lol) and rocks. I used to have a really big rock collection with all sorts like uncut sapphires, a natural ruby, some rough aquamarines and the works. But they went missing a while ago after some "friends" of ours did some work on the house. Decided to restart it however and so far got quite a few.

I've also been looking into collecting coins. My mum left me a silver dollar and a couple of old shillings, so the idea has crossed my mind...

I collect quite a few things. I collect things like pins, cards (vintage poker cards mostly), bottle caps (i'd be rich if fallout was real...lol) and rocks. I used to have a really big rock collection with all sorts like uncut sapphires, a natural ruby, some rough aquamarines and the works. But they went missing a while ago after some "friends" of ours did some work on the house. Decided to restart it however and so far got quite a few.

I've also been looking into collecting coins. My mum left me a silver dollar and a couple of old shillings, so the idea has crossed my mind...

I use to collect rocks too, but sadly only a few of mine remain. The others got taken from me. I don't even no where they are. As for coins I say go for it with the price of most medals on the rise its worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

i collect $$$

besides the working factor, its all about saving

being a cheapskate is necessary,

bargain shopping,

living with family so u dont have to pay ur own bills, share/rent, and laundry

pretend ur busy wen friends wanna go out,

leech others' internet,

live on bread and water (weight loss means you can save on new clothes),

download (duh?)

but then i discovered doujinshi awhile ago and it happens to be a very expensive hobby

kinda counteracts my $$$ collection

which leads to me collecting investment knowledge and market trends esp forex

i collect $$$

besides the working factor, its all about saving

being a cheapskate is necessary,

bargain shopping,

pretend ur busy wen friends wanna go out,

leech others' internet,

live on bread and water (weight loss means you can save on new clothes),

download (duh?)

but then i discovered doujinshi awhile ago and it happens to be a very expensive hobby

kinda counteracts my $$$ collection

which leads to me collecting investment knowledge and market trends esp forex

really? so do you have limited edition dollar signs? I never knew it was such a demanding hobby, collecting dollar signs. hm

I don't really collect anything, except maybe digital art on my computer. The things I would want to collect (notebooks, cats, wigs, dancing termites) cost money I don't have, haha. When I'm a millionaire.

Where do you live? Maryland is a bit pricey--let me rephrase that to "areas of Maryland where the wheels on your car won't be stolen/where you won't get stabbed"--if you're living alone and on a tight budget, but other parts of the US aren't so bad. Even on a less than stellar enlisted military paycheque, people manage to support at least one other person on a single income.

Also, if you lose too much weight, your clothes won't fit anymore! Unless you were already super skinny to begin with, then disregard.

I collect books.. but not like "OMG It's a rare book!" type collecting. I collect books I like to read. Collection isn't worth a whole lot... but I've got some awesome stuff. Anyone remember the Animorphs books? I'm only missing 3. What about the children's series "The Boxcar children"? I have all of those. Not to mention enough Sci fi and fantasy to cover every inch of shelf space currently available in the house.

And if you count my e-book collection... If those were in physical form I'd need a much bigger place to store them all.

I also have a small crystal collection. Again, not valuable since much of it is common quartz.. but it makes pretty colors on my wall in the morning ^_^

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure if you would call it collecting as much investing, but I collect/invest/buy many Guns. I have been shooting since I was young, and my dad always encouraged me to get higher end guns that will go up or hold their value in the future. Since I have been doing this for a long time and I have a nose for a good deal, I have myself a nice little arsenal. I really do enjoy them, I prefer H&K's but there are many I like. My preferred caliber is a 45 acp.

• 2 weeks later...