Dojutsu Confusion

saminyt

Answer is completely unknowable at this point, since Kishimoto hasn't written a character whose parents had different Dojutsu. The only character who comes close is Mei Terumi, the Fifth Mizukage, who has two Kekkei Genkai, Lava Release and Boil Release. She is able to use both.

I was also thinking pretty much the same thing. Since the 5th Mizukage can use 2 kekkai Genkai, that means in theory it is possible to be able to use 2 dojutsu.

Well let's see what we already know about co-existing doujutsu. We have already seen that Tobi has sharingan in the right and rinnegan in the left eye. He can also use them to a good extent without any side effect. But Tobi got the rinnegan artificially. So seeing from this angle we can be consider that even if a child is born with two doujutsu, he still can control both of them. But the question is "will a child born with two doujutsu?"

Up until now we have never seen a case where an uchiha produced a child with a hyuga. Clans with doujutsu tend to reproduce among themselves. But there is one exception..........The Sage of Six Paths. The Sage of Six Paths had the doujutsu Rinnegan. He mated with a certain women( she couldn't have had a doujutsu) and gave birth to two sons. One of them was born with the Rinnegan while the other didn't. So chances of inheriting the eye from the father's side is 50%. I cannot help but think that this would be the same case if two people with different doujutsu mated and gave birth to a child. The child might inherit the doujutsu from the father's side or the mother's side, it's 50-50 chance. I cannot support that a child will be born with Byakugan in one eye and Sharingan in the other.

So chances of inheriting the eye from the father's side is 50%. I cannot help but think that this would be the same case if two people with different doujutsu mated and gave birth to a child. The child might inherit the doujutsu from the father's side or the mother's side, it's 50-50 chance. I cannot support that a child will be born with Byakugan in one eye and Sharingan in the other.

Just a couple things that you didnt think of. If its a 50% chance to inherit, then there is in fact a 25% chance of inheriting both of them, assuming that there is still a 50% chance for the mothers side. However, it honestly doesnt matter since it wont happen in the series.

My personal opinion on the matter is that some Kage had the great idea of combining doujutsu and tried it with disastrous results, like a mutant child or a blind child or a stillborn. So then the Kage decreed that doujutsu users can only mate in their own clans, and that would explain why everything is the way it is

Just a couple things that you didnt think of. If its a 50% chance to inherit, then there is in fact a 25% chance of inheriting both of them, assuming that there is still a 50% chance for the mothers side. However, it honestly doesnt matter since it wont happen in the series.

There was a reason why I didn't think that the child could ever inherit both doujutsus. It was the fact that the younger son didn't have rinnegan and the older have the rinnegan. Up until now we have seen 3 people with rinnegan. They are Tobi, Pain, Madara. None of them ever turned of their rinnegan leading me to believe that Rinnegan itself was the original eye. The Rinnegan is like the byakugan. A byakugan wielder always have this white eye which is quite different from what we usually see among people. A rinnegan wielder is born with a triple patterned eye or if some one trains hard enough and gains the rinneagan, his eye color and design will change in to this triple pattern symbolizing his achievement.

This is the reason I believed that it had to be 50-50 chance. Either have one of the doujutsus or have none. It can never be both at the same time unless an eye transplantation is carried on.

My personal opinion on the matter is that some Kage had the great idea of combining doujutsu and tried it with disastrous results, like a mutant child or a blind child or a stillborn. So then the Kage decreed that doujutsu users can only mate in their own clans, and that would explain why everything is the way it is

I only wish Kishi would've said something like this before. At least then we wouldn't have to talk about such a topic with so little data.

• 2 weeks later...

Let us, for a second picture a person with the Sharingan and Byakugan. Regardless of if it is possible. This would be the single most unstoppable person ever. The taijutsu of the Hyuga clan and the ability to copy any gen-or-ninjutsu. It would be really, really awesome.

It would likely be that the baby would inherit whichever dojutsu is more dominant. Since the Hyuga are said to have descended from the Uchiha clan, I would suspect that the Sharingan is the dominant bloodline. However, this does not mean that the baby wouldn't show recessive traits such as veins around the eyes when they are activated or white pupils.

It would likely be that the baby would inherit whichever dojutsu is more dominant. Since the Hyuga are said to have descended from the Uchiha clan, I would suspect that the Sharingan is the dominant bloodline. However, this does not mean that the baby wouldn't show recessive traits such as veins around the eyes when they are activated or white pupils.

U got it the other way my friend. It is the Uchihas who were said to have descended from the Hyuga. Anyways, that is just a myth and there is no real proof(I personally don't believe it). So I don't think this logic is very much valid.

U got it the other way my friend. It is the Uchihas who were said to have descended from the Hyuga. Anyways, that is just a myth and there is no real proof(I personally don't believe it). So I don't think this logic is very much valid.

I agree with you here. During the fight between Neji and Hinata, Kakashi said that there were rumors that the Uchiha Sharingan is derived from the Hyuga Byakugan. But this piece of information was never mentioned afterwards, rather it was totally avoided. But there is only one reason why I can support this idea. That is the fact that the Sharingan is stronger than the Byakugan.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...