I need help with Windows XP Skins

Kid Ryan

Any other skin besides that one there that I have found requires heavy edits to core windows files to make custom skins work. It's not recommended for people who don't know what they are doing, and thus I haven't bothered risking it. =P That and I haven't found any good ones worth trying to bother with.

Anyways our General forum is called Balamb Cafe'.. however topics, that are to do with computers or anything technical at all, such as this one belong in Tech Center. So you posted it in the correct place. xD

Any other skin besides that one there that I have found requires heavy edits to core windows files to make custom skins work. It's not recommended for people who don't know what they are doing, and thus I haven't bothered risking it. =P That and I haven't found any good ones worth trying to bother with.

Anyways our General forum is called Balamb Cafe'.. however topics, that are to do with computers or anything technical at all, such as this one belong in Tech Center. So you posted it in the correct place. xD

1.) That sucks.

2.) Sorry, I copy pasted the wrong version of this thread, edited out the legality shit and wrong subforum bit.

um as for editing core files BN theres an old program out called Style XP it enables you to make such changes if you fool around with it long enough it should work for you its why my start bar is different then normal (check the show your desktop thread)

Thanks I'll google StyleXP later.

Well for one in order to use custom themes on xp your going to have to hack xp like i did. just search google on how to use custom themes. You can find tons of themes on deviantart. i hope this helps.

Yeah that is basically what I said or meant. The only skin not needing hacking to install is the one made by Microsoft called Royale.. which I gave the link to BN and he posted in the first post of this thread. It's the only one you can just click install and it works. The others all require hacking the core windows files which I just don't wish to do at all. =P

Oh i didnt read your post before lol sorry koby. Well I hope you get it working BN :)

Well you can always download tuneup utilities 2008 thats what i have to have custom boot scenes and log ins, you can install custom themes with out hacking your core. just find tune up on a torrent since you need a full version to use it.

• 2 weeks later...

when i had XP and wanted skins like the ones you can find on deviantart.com

i used this little program

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/UXTheme-MultiPatcher.shtml

this one is for SP3 version

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/SP3-UxTheme-Patcher.shtml

sorry for the late reply i just joined and it took me forever to figure out how to get cutom skins untill running across that program, so hope it works for you!

p.s. you could always download a copy(illegaly and wont say where you can get it) of Tuneup Utilities (newest version), they also have a skin changer for any system that you may have, you just need to get the skins off of a site like deviantart or any other site you like that you find what you need.

take care good luck!